Will Unbreakable Bonds be reprinted?

By Deven, in Runebound

As it stands it nearly impossible to find this expansion with out paying ridiculous amounts of cash for it. I'd really like to see a new influx of prints to make it at least possible to pick this up at a local game store.

Wow. I had no idea that it's out of print and that it's not in their reprint que. Those prices are insane and makes want to hunt for another copy just to see if I can find one locally. Reminds me of the Midnight expansion for 2 ed.

I really wish this game had gotten a bit more love.

In Poland is reprinting right now. About other language location, sorry don't have any info...

I have a feeling that Runebound 3.0 and its expansions did not sell well at all, and therefore doubt that they will reprint any of the products in that line. I'm glad I pounced on the last remaining, affordably priced copies of the core set and all expansions when I had the chance a few months back.

That said, I have no inside knowledge, so I could very well be wrong.

Best of luck in your search, Deven.

Well it's good to know I just purchased the base game this week only to find out it looks like it is not being supported at all. I just scrolled through the upcoming products list and there was not a single Runebound item being printed/ reprinted. ****, do I hate Star Wars. Pushes everything else off the table.

I found Unbreakable Bonds at my FLGS, but no luck with "Caught in a Web". I'm not paying $90 for 1 hero and 1 quest.

I’ve sent several emails to fantasy flight about these expansions being scalped for high dollars. They only ever give me incomplete responses. It’s super irritating. Wish they would reprint.

On 6/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, TwiceBorn said:

I have a feeling that Runebound 3.0 and its expansions did not sell well at all, and therefore doubt that they will reprint any of the products in that line. I'm glad I pounced on the last remaining, affordably priced copies of the core set and all expansions when I had the chance a few months back.

That said, I have no inside knowledge, so I could very well be wrong.

Best of luck in your search, Deven.

If there aren't any to be found that would indicate at least some market interest, although I know the base game was marked down significantly. I think this is part of FFG's overall trend to just focus on making games from outside IPs (Star Wars, Lord or the Rings and now Marvel).

It’s just sad. I’ve been burned by ffg dropping support right after I get a new game from them 4 times in a row. They have moved to scenario based games and when they don’t sell the new scenarios these scenario based games lose there playability really fast.

I've just managed to get 'The Mountains Rise' (still at full price, I think the shop's last copy) but 'Unbreakable Bonds' is rarer than whatever is currently the rarest thing you can actually get hold of.

So clearly it's sold out everywhere.

FFG fuzzzzzzzzy logic- game is impossible to get ANYWHERE = people must want it = we'll never make any more.

A complete collection of an FFG games line is probably more valuable than doesntexistium due to it's rarity! :) You're en route to completing it then......

On 5/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, Deven said:

As it stands it nearly impossible to find this expansion with out paying ridiculous amounts of cash for it. I'd really like to see a new influx of prints to make it at least possible to pick this up at a local game store.

It is a shame this fell out of print so quickly. IMHO, the Terrinoth universe is home to some of the best FFG games there are (Runebound, Descent, Rune Age, etc) - they shouldn't have to pander to fanboys of Disney franchises to sell games. Anyway, with the base game still available, it would be nice to be able to get this expansion.

I have Rune Age + Expansion, Descent + 2 expansions, Legacy of Dragonholt and Runebound with all 4 expansions EXCEPT UNBREAKABLE BONDS.

I mean this is a GORGEOUS UNIVERSE and this is the BEST expansion for runebound..

How is possible for FFG to not reprint it when there is topic about it in all big board game sites..

I really really hope for a reprint so i manage to add this in my collection..

I know - 8.3 score on BGG. Not sure Asmodee's takeover is proving to be a good thing for FFG.

Has been a lot of bad news since, and a major cull of some really strong Terrinoth lines. Plenty of sold out items not getting reprints even though they've still been selling and people are looking for them.....

'We got stuff' is starting to wear a bit thin.

its sad really, its paper and cardboard! the game and design costs are made already. the cost to produce more shouldn't be that bad, even if it didn't "sell" what ever that means. not a nice way to treat customers imho, unbreakable bonds is less then 2 years old. its a baby in regards to board game expansions. they should be available still. I like FFG I really do. but these contrived "shortages" and comments that the game didn't sell well is garbage. its just cardboard and paper, atleast sell it at your store at MSRP, just have a way for the diehards to get your games? i just don't understand the logic....

Edited by Viperho

The expansion is not just paper and cardboard, it also included 2 miniatures. In addition, I am sue it I not as simple as just having it reprinted since quality control has to verify everting is ok. If they expansion did not sell well then that is certainly a reason to be hesitant to print it again. While I do not know if it would be the case, if the estimated return from sales would be less that the cost to print they why would they do so? While I do think FFG is too quick to pull the plug on some games (especially the ones that I like 😁 ), they are in business to make money.

But if people can't buy something because it doesn't exist..... i still think these lines would sell IF FFG had more faith in them (e.g. if they continued to demo them at games shows etc)

A lot of the problem is FFG dropping the ball on promoting them. Almost as if they want them to fail sometimes.

Still can’t find expansions for sale... super annoyed.

If deleted permanently a print-it-yourself would at least be something, just to not leave a gap

On 1/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, Watercolour Dragon said:

But if people can't buy something because it doesn't exist..... i still think these lines would sell IF FFG had more faith in them (e.g. if they continued to demo them at games shows etc)

A lot of the problem is FFG dropping the ball on promoting them. Almost as if they want them to fail sometimes.

FFG failed hardcore. They got themselves into a business model where the moment they weren't in the process of releasing an expansion for a line their entire customer base determined that it was going out of print and refused to buy in. Ergo they've been trying to juggle all that progressively badly for years. Everything has noticeably suffered as a result, I mean Runebound is almost completely an empty box for Dog sake. So of course that sort of nonsense hurt sales and their response has been to try and force prices higher 🙄 With the predictable effect.

So I think at this point they're trying to prune way back just to get some breathing room as a precursor to fundamentally rethinking the way they go about things.

Unbelievable,.... watched the first copy I’ve seen in months of unbreakable bonds go on eBay for $205!!! Come on....... reprint this please!

22 hours ago, jacknozwad said:

Unbelievable,.... watched the first copy I’ve seen in months of unbreakable bonds go on eBay for $205!!! Come on....... reprint this please!

Unaffordable Bonds 🙂

I am another disappointed customer who'd be willing to buy Runebound + expansions if I could get my hands on Unbreakable Bonds. Without access to that I'm not willing to put any money into it as I don't like the combat system as it is in the base game and I also feel that it's incomplete without solo + co-op mode.

Funnily enough it's really easy to get ahold of the base game (and it's still selling for a high price new here in Australia) but Unbreakable Bonds in particular is harder to find than a platypus out here.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:14 PM, edanielsen said:

I am another disappointed customer who'd be willing to buy Runebound + expansions if I could get my hands on Unbreakable Bonds. Without access to that I'm not willing to put any money into it as I don't like the combat system as it is in the base game and I also feel that it's incomplete without solo + co-op mode.

Funnily enough it's really easy to get ahold of the base game (and it's still selling for a high price new here in Australia) but Unbreakable Bonds in particular is harder to find than a platypus out here.

Unfindable Bonds. Got so much of the current Terrinoth line I might end up with OCD (this might actually be the only gap eventually).

Although as I have multiple Descent sets just to have repeat tiles to do some elemental/echoed/mirrored maps maybe the OCD is there already 🙂

Edited by Watercolour Dragon

2020, still waiting it to be reprinted. We don't want to play it as PnP. Please, reprint it.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:01 AM, dahaneyolsun said:

2020, still waiting it to be reprinted. We don't want to play it as PnP. Please, reprint it.

Reprintable Bonds :)