Infrared scammers

By thinkbomb, in Imperial Assault Campaign

So, as a primer our group is more relaxed about IA campaign - as in thematic outweigh strategy most of the time (building teams according to improv narrative, for example).

I'm currently empire part way through HotE using Reactive defense. So far with mechanical protocol and blaster replacements. I bought infrared sensors at the night's end (didn't get a chance to use it yet) ... and we're looking at this card wondering if it's borderline broken.

Disregarding the situational funsies threat mechanic, giving all baddies 1mp every activation surprised us. Both of us have had tons of situations where we needed that 1 more space for imperial troops.

So yeah, what's your experience? Best 3xp impcard? Are we overlooking something? Meh?

It's good, but it's 3XP. It doesn't increase defense or offense directly, only indirectly.

Threat is always nice. The top ability encourages the heroes to not suffer strain up to their endurance (they can't choose to suffer strain if they are), but being an action competes with other 88-Z's actions you would like to make, especially with missions where rebels move.

Yes, it's good, but not "Scammer"-good.

8 hours ago, a1bert said:

It's good, but it's 3XP. It doesn't increase defense or offense directly, only indirectly.

Threat is always nice. The top ability encourages the heroes to not suffer strain up to their endurance (they can't choose to suffer strain if they are), but being an action competes with other 88-Z's actions you would like to make, especially with missions where rebels move.

Yes, it's good, but not "Scammer"-good.

Yeah, I did recognize the threat mechanic trade off. I was running into limited efficacy with the ... surge-handout-action that I already unlocked (forgetting name atm). Probably sounded a bit more dismissive than I meant to. ^^;

Good perspective with the movement points being priced at 3xp. Thanks. ^__^

actually, just realized I had a typo in the title of this thread. I actually did meant to put in "infrared SCANNERS", but was typing on my phone and had a swipe error I missed.

... which now makes me wish that play on words was intentional. lol

as a rebel facing off against Scanners, I can attest that its very good.

Not broken, but very good.

Always kept us rebels on our toes, as figures could be more threatening to us than we could sometimes anticipate.