Help Required

By Cornwolf, in Battle Reports

Hi all,

I have done 2 RPQ's now and not done very well at all, I am not sure if this is the right section for this but we will give it ago anyway.

This was my first list, only reason I didn't come dead last was because I had a buy round:

Luke Skywalker 160

Leia Organa 90
Esteemed Leader,
Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper,
Rebel Troopers 40
Rebel Troopers 40
Chewbacca 110
Tenacity,
Rebel Pathfinders 68
Bistan, Hunter, A-300 Long Range Config,
Rebel Commandos (Strike Team) 16
DH-447 Sniper, Hunter,
DH-447 Sniper, Hunter,

Next list I came dead last but I had loads of fun with the list if I am honest. Sab's are great fun I just missed having something at range 4 that I could shoot with in the last game because of the terrain I he was up a tower.

Leia Organa 90
Esteemed Leader, Improvised Orders,
Luke Skywalker 160
Force Push, Force Reflexes, Emergency Stims,
Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, 2-1B Medical Droid,
Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, 2-1B Medical Droid,
Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper,
Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Rebel Officer Upgrade, Environmental Gear,
Rebel Troopers 40

Proton Charge Saboteur, Emergency Stims,

Legion is the first war game I have ever played but I have had it since launch so I know most of the rules pretty well. I just want to get better, I am not sure if I am just trying list that are too out there or what. I really enjoyed the SAB's because not many people play them and not many people now how to play against them. The fleet troopers are great it was my positioning that was bad, they either got took out quickly due to bad rolls or didn't do anything because I couldn't get them in range.

Anyway I am after some tips and guidance about how to get better an may be win a game.

If you like that first list, I would drop chewie and give Luke stims and push. Take the extra troopers off and cram some more Z6 squads in there. 5-6 is preferable. Right now rebel lists should push 10-11 activations to help you place Luke last and get that extra movement in after your opponent has activated.

Heres a modified version of your list:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/legion/rebel/p04u09uEMu2bp0buEMu2cuEMp06u10u40uEMuEMp1cu4bu21uEMu3au49uEMp0eu2fuEMuEMuEMuEMp06u10uEMuEMuEMp06u10uEMuEMuEMp06u10uEMuEMuEMp06u10uEMuEMuEMp0eu2fuEMuEMuEMuEMc08

I tried to keep some of the things you had already picked to preserve the original flavor of the list. A few notes:

1. The Pathfinders should deploy in a position to support your army, not on their own. Leia can help manage their suppression so they aren’t wasting actions.

2. Luke needs push and stims to keep him in the fight. Use them to manipulate your opponent and keep him alive.

3. Improvised orders can fix an early Luke pull. Save it for when he comes up but you don’t need him yet.

4. The medical droid can get your snipers back up after they’ve been knocked down.

5. Embrace the variance with the Z6s. Sometimes they kill everything, sometimes they blank. Make sure you have more than one tool to accomplish a task Incase you get hit by the blank bat.

Last thing I can say is play at least ten games with this list, then play ten more to actually get comfortable. It’s tough to be a rebel with krennic and DTs being so good, but they can still do work when applied correctly! Good luck!

Thanks for the tips buddy. I will take a look and see how I get on with it.

The first list looks fine, but Luke needs his upgrades.

The second list I would recomend you try playing Han. He gives you teamwork with Chewie and his reckless diversion can give you a round where the enemy can't shoot down your sabs.

My tip is to drop stims on sabs and a medical droid. This plus the points going from switching Luke for Han gives you some points to ad an at-rt or some other fire support.