LFP: Trials of the Jedi

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Hi! I’m thinking of running a game(i am open to passing the gm role to another person though, if anyone wishes to gm).

This game will be set pre Clone Wars and revolves around initiates earning their way to padawanhood and maybe even knighthood. The campaign will start with the PCs, all jedi initiates being stranded on a planet after their ship was attacked by pirates and their guardians defeated/killed. The sole jedi master who was on the ship with them has been kidnapped by the pirates and it’s now up to these initiates to survive and save the master. This campaign is meant to let players explore how it is like to be a peacekeeper in the galaxy, having the chance to be sent on missions with their master(NPCs. The masters will all select one padawan PC, with the players being able to indicate who they wish to be their master, though in the end, it will be decided by the gm), and exploring the galaxy as a padawan. Eventually, if the campaign lasts long enough and the players wish to, the padawans can go through the jedi trials to reach knighthood, where more dangerous and new missions will be assigned.

I’m currently looking for about 5-8 players. Character creation is standard, using FAD classes and specs(since we’re all jedi). The universal padawan spec will be given for free. They will all have training lightsabers for now, and I’ll allow 2 basic force skills to be taken for free. As for armour and other equipment, I’ll look for an armour similar to initiate clothing and any other gear can be discussed.

I hope this campaign interests you! :)

12 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Hi! I’m thinking of running a game(i am open to passing the gm role to another person though, if anyone wishes to gm).

This game will be set pre Clone Wars and revolves around initiates earning their way to padawanhood and maybe even knighthood. The campaign will start with the PCs, all jedi initiates being stranded on a planet after their ship was attacked by pirates and their guardians defeated/killed. The sole jedi master who was on the ship with them has been kidnapped by the pirates and it’s now up to these initiates to survive and save the master. This campaign is meant to let players explore how it is like to be a peacekeeper in the galaxy, having the chance to be sent on missions with their master(NPCs. The masters will all select one padawan PC, with the players being able to indicate who they wish to be their master, though in the end, it will be decided by the gm), and exploring the galaxy as a padawan. Eventually, if the campaign lasts long enough and the players wish to, the padawans can go through the jedi trials to reach knighthood, where more dangerous and new missions will be assigned.

I’m currently looking for about 5-8 players. Character creation is standard, using FAD classes and specs(since we’re all jedi). The universal padawan spec will be given for free. They will all have training lightsabers for now, and I’ll allow 2 basic force skills to be taken for free. As for armour and other equipment, I’ll look for an armour similar to initiate clothing and any other gear can be discussed.

Maybe.

FYI, the Padawan spec isn't a universal spec. It's part of the Jedi career. which is a new career unto itself (that appears in Rise of the Separatists ), with two specs so far, Padawan and Knight . The universal spec you're thinking of is Padawan Survivor.

I'd be happy to join as a player.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'd be happy to join as a player.

Thanks for the support! :)

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Maybe.

FYI, the Padawan spec isn't a universal spec. It's part of the Jedi career. which is a new career unto itself (that appears in Rise of the Separatists ), with two specs so far, Padawan and Knight . The universal spec you're thinking of is Padawan Survivor.

Whoops. But I still plan on giving the padawan spec for free, as technically jedi initiates wld hv had some training in the temple already, which the normal FAD specs might not be able to really show. It’s either being given for free or given at a cheaper price, maybe 10 or 15xp

Do i have any other players?

I'll play!

I'd be interested in joining.

If I play, it’ll be with the Jedi career. I want to try it out.

On 5/19/2019 at 12:27 AM, player3333902 said:

Sounds like it could be fun. I'm in for at least the initial adventure if it gets off the ground!

Alright! That’s great! So we have 5 players :) feel free to start making your characters!

@Tramp Graphics , do you mean that you want to start with the padawan spec? Because i might be giving it for free.

@Rabobankrider , @btmaja , @oneeyedmatt87 , @Edgehawk , would you 4 prefer the padawan spec from the jedi career to be given for free? Or would you guys wish for it to be the standardised starting spec? Or just to let it be one of the possible starting specs?

I'll certainly take a free spec, if it's offered. You could just give us all the same one, or offer a choice, to allow for more diversity. Either way, our careers and other specs will help differentiate our would-be Jedi.

17 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Thanks! :) @Tramp Graphics , @KungFuFerret , @SithArissa , wondering if you 3 r interested?

Thanks but I think I'll pass. Not really in the mood to do more RP in a pbp format right now.

9 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Alright! That’s great! So we have 5 players :) feel free to start making your characters!

@Tramp Graphics , do you mean that you want to start with the padawan spec? Because i might be giving it for free.

@Rabobankrider , @btmaja , @oneeyedmatt87 , @Edgehawk , would you 4 prefer the padawan spec from the jedi career to be given for free? Or would you guys wish for it to be the standardised starting spec? Or just to let it be one of the possible starting specs?

I vote against it being the standardized starting spec. I'd be okay if it was one of possible starting specs, or if it was for free.

I think if we all had the same spec to start, we'd run into issues with starting with 4 pilots, or 4 politicos, or 4 technicians... etc.

14 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Exactly. My intent is to create a native Jedi Career Padawan and let him develop organically from there. I'm looking at four possible species:

I see...

well, then i’ll just have the padawan spec be one of the starting specs. Feel free to start char creation! :)

for the species, i accept all species in the book, and if you wanna use a USM species, feel free to ask :)

I'm ok with having a free spec (I'm a scrounger so I'll take what I can). I don't currently have the new book however so I may struggle finding the talent tree. I'm thinking either a pilot (probably failed if they crashed), or maybe a combat focused type.

@Rabobankrider I'm all for freebies too :) but here's the tree if you need it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvkzroneaihi3eq/Spec - Clone Wars Era.pdf?dl=0

At first glance (and without much analysis) the new Padawan tree seems like a very competent mix between a lightsaber and normal tree. Less lightsaber focused than a traditional lightsaber tree, but more than a "lightsaber hybrid" we've seen in some of the splat books (Sentinal Sentry and Consular Arbiter come to mind). Nothing super gamebreaking (as far as I can see, I'm sure that people better versed in the nitty gritty mechanics will disagree) though there are few if any "filler" or "useless" talents and the route to FR2 is crazy short...

I'd love to play either an Intellect or Cunning based character. But whatever works best for the group.

Yeah, that’s kinda the reason why i wanted to give the padawan spec for free...

actually, i think i will give the padawan spec for free. For @Tramp Graphics , if you wish to take the padawan spec as your starting spec, I’ll give you something else for free.

Feel free to make whatever u like :)

7 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

@Rabobankrider I'm all for freebies too :) but here's the tree if you need it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvkzroneaihi3eq/Spec - Clone Wars Era.pdf?dl=0

At first glance (and without much analysis) the new Padawan tree seems like a very competent mix between a lightsaber and normal tree. Less lightsaber focused than a traditional lightsaber tree, but more than a "lightsaber hybrid" we've seen in some of the splat books (Sentinal Sentry and Consular Arbiter come to mind). Nothing super gamebreaking (as far as I can see, I'm sure that people better versed in the nitty gritty mechanics will disagree) though there are few if any "filler" or "useless" talents and the route to FR2 is crazy short...

I'd love to play either an Intellect or Cunning based character. But whatever works best for the group.

So for masters, does everyone prefer if i show them the possible masters now? Or reveal them later on in the campaign? Can... 31st May be a good point to start the game?

@oneeyedmatt87 , cheers! I think I'll commit to a pilot type and go from there.

Since everyone is still a jedi initiate, i’ll provide you all with a training lightsaber and a set of jedi robes.

Fine with me.