Selling my OTK deck. Your thoughts?

By Dantastic24, in KeyForge

Seems pretty nice. How many games did you win in one turn with it?

So I have only played this casually. Since I run the events at my local store I don't want to play the OTK decks because I fear that it will make others not want to show up. Casually though I have not lost. I think I have played like 8-10 games and of those I can only remember once where I didn't pull off the OTK combo (my Nipinthe seed was on the bottom of the deck).

Edited by Dantastic24
5 hours ago, Dantastic24 said:

So I have only played this casually. Since I run the events at my local store I don't want to plat the OTK decks because I fear that it will make others not want to show up. Casually though I have not lost. I think I have played like 8-10 games and of those I can only remember once where I didn't pull off the OTK combo (my Nipinthe seed was on the bottom of the deck).

Now I want to play against it with my triple Nexus deck. 😝 ("thank you for your donation of nepenthe to my cause")

On 5/23/2019 at 4:36 AM, Dantastic24 said:

So I have only played this casually. Since I run the events at my local store I don't want to play the OTK decks because I fear that it will make others not want to show up. Casually though I have not lost. I think I have played like 8-10 games and of those I can only remember once where I didn't pull off the OTK combo (my Nipinthe seed was on the bottom of the deck).

Ah, that's very cool. I hope I didn't come off trollish, I was genuinely asking. On first glace the deck didn't appear to be consistent. That's something I love about the game though is you just don't know a deck until you start playing with it. You've made a good deal if you're able to sell it!

On 5/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, TheSpitfired said:

Ah, that's very cool. I hope I didn't come off trollish, I was genuinely asking. On first glace the deck didn't appear to be consistent. That's something I love about the game though is you just don't know a deck until you start playing with it. You've made a good deal if you're able to sell it!

I didn't think you came off that way at all. I think there are better OTK decks out there for sure, but in the end, if it is an OTK deck, all you need is Seed and Access to really make it work.

In this version, since there are fewer than ideal actions in the Logos house and more creatures than ideal, you need to do shenanigans like play "cowards end" at the right time in order to have your creatures fill back into your deck.

I think that like any OTK deck, the other stuff in the deck is also very important and this is a solid deck even without the OTK combo.

This combo doesn't quite work anymore because of today's errata. They changed library access to purge itself when played, so you can't recur it and play it again.

The Keyforge equivalent of a stock market crash. Imagine how many LANS/LART decks just lost a bunch of their value. It will be interesting to see which cards/combos replace them.

17 hours ago, edward415 said:

The Keyforge equivalent of a stock market crash. Imagine how many LANS/LART decks just lost a bunch of their value. It will be interesting to see which cards/combos replace them.

I am betting that with Bait & Switch nerfed, untamed aember rocket decks are about to take off. (like I have a video of a sealed game a friend & i were playing on crucible - I went from 0 aember to 15 in one turn)