What is a Darō?

By Derk_g, in Lore Discussion

Pg. 305 of the rulebook mentions a Darō for the 40-49 status scores. What is a Darō? They are not mentioned elsewhere in the book and Google was not my friend for this question.

I'm not entirely certain.

This is a pun, not a useless post-for-post's sake. In a sentence, following the verb, "darou" indicates something is less than certain.

Edited by Hida Jitenno

Greetings from the Sands, Evil-Smelling Brother-in-Law of a Camel!

I thought it was some mistake and that they meant KARO, but i'm only a gaijin.

See you in the Sands.

I also suspect Karō. It's conspicuously missing on the table and it fits with the other positions.

Thanks, that must be it!

However 40-49 status seems very low for that, if the Karo "A Karo was a high ranking advisor to a daimyo. They were sometimes the rikugunshokan of an army of that daimyo as well, his minister, or his chief magistrate. One of his duties were to handle the daily affairs. " ( https://l5r.fandom.com/wiki/Karo )

40-49 would be equivalent with a gunso, or ANY magistrate, not the chief magistrate?

Edited by Derk_g

Think of Karō as a position rather than a rank. You have Daimyō whose status rank is as low as 50 on that table as well, even if that's probably too low and no Daimyō should be under 60 status. Higher ranking Daimyõ can have lower ranking Daimyõ as their own Karō.