Turr and the Saber's (TIE Interceptor Swarm)

By SoontirFelTGE, in X-Wing Battle Reports

So I've been testing a new list, usually I've been playing 3 aces builds, but I like TIE interceptors so much that I decided to swarm them. Right now I'm using 2 Saber Squadron Aces, Turr Phennir, Howlrunner, and Gideon Hask, all with crack shot. I will post battle rep's when I start playing. I might swap Gideon for Del instead. It looks really good on paper, lots of 3 dice re roll attacks, and the 3 squints with the baked in auto's ability is also amazingly good. Turr is good for mid and late game dogfights, and all the PS 4's can out maneuver things like Vultures and ARC's (arcs are really prominent in my area currently) . So I'll start posting Battle Rep's here real soon. Thanks

While the wait happens, anyone have any intial thoughts, lists similar, or tweaks to the list I have going? Lemme know.

A fellow running 2 sabers and 5 academy pilots did pretty darn well at MI regional. I'm pretty sure he missed the cut but seemed to hover near the top tables. I never had a chance to watch him play myself.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Turr is one of my favorite pilots.

I second what Hobbyist said. Any list with some interceptors in it that does well has my interest. next to the A-wing they are my favorite ship in the star wars.

Sorry guys, it's been a busy week. Hopefully I'll get a game or two in by the end of this week

First game!

So this was on Vassal btw. He flew Vader with fcs and afterburners , Maarek with fcs, marksmanship, ab and Soontir, with shield up, predator, and ab.

I set up far right side, in a box formation, putting the Interceptors in the front, while Howl and Gideon is in the back, Howl in the middle of the box, while gideon rides to the left of him. He sets maarek and vader up to joust me, while soontir is set on the left side.

I decide to head right at him, full 5 straights. He charges at me as well, throwing vader and maarek straight at me. Soontir comes right side, does boost Br and gets gideon in his bullseye. He locks turr with both advanced's and throws dice at him. Luckily he escapes with just a crit and a hit, but the crit was panicked pilot, and so he can't do much the next couple of turns. He fires with soontir at a SSA, and gets him down to 1 hull as well. Then I get to fire back, and my dice were pretty hot, but he nonstop rolled some really good dice, and I only really got to do about 2 shields of damage on vader. It went downhill from there, TIE's just dropped and I just could not hit a thing the whole game. the game ended super quick.

All in all, poor dice hurt TIEs a bunch, I also need to remember that they are fragile and I need to not jump head first into the fray. sorry the Battle rep this time was short, it was a rough game and they just burned down super quick. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more exciting.