Waiqar Expansion Ideas

By sarumanthewhite, in Runewars Miniatures Game

28 minutes ago, Bucho said:

Has anybody looked at Battlelore? If the scale is reasonable there's a lot of relevant plastic pic3452074.jpg

Battlelore figures look great, but unfortunately are far too small.

That’s it. I have the figures you’ve shown, but I forgot which expansion they’re from...

17 hours ago, Jukey said:

Ahh that's too bad.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jukey said:

If you can live with a bit of scale mismatch it's doable, and some of the figures such as the banshee, siege golem and the separate packs dragon and giant are bigger, maybe to get round the tinyness you could group them and treat the group as one unit, would just need a way to tray them up.

Or just use the larger figures.

18 hours ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

If you can live with a bit of scale mismatch it's doable, and some of the figures such as the banshee, siege golem and the separate packs dragon and giant are bigger, maybe to get round the tinyness you could group them and treat the group as one unit, would just need a way to tray them up.

Or just use the larger figures.

Eh. If you wanted to use the Barrow Wyrm as an undead buzzard in Runewars you could.

The banshee is smaller than a single wraith.

The scale is a bit much to get around

Another issue with using Battlelore figures is the question mark over how long they'll be available- I luckily got my sets before many of them vanished- FFG's stock has now all gone now the line's ended so it's going to be hard to find them if indeed the last few are still in stock anywhere although there are places that still have some of them. The great dragon and mountain giant would probably be OK size wise for RWM, but I agree most of them are too small- Battlelore was a bit closer to games like Risk in that it had smaller pieces to allow for the larger armies on the board (I think that was the size logic anyway) so they are mostly quite a mismatch to RWM.

Would be awesome if FFG stuck to a standard scale for any future Terrinoth minis across all the games ditching the smaller ones like those in Battlelore (even if it meant needing bigger maps) and made them all of comparable quality, e.g. in Descent Merick Farrow is awful detail wise, other pieces are awesome, some of these smaller-pieced games like Battlelore suffered from quite a few broken pieces too as the builds were quite flimsy and fragile.

Battlelore could still be used for inspiration though as to getting unit ideas, the answer may then need some proxies to solve the size issue.

You could always make bases for smaller minis to use them with larger ones if you're stuck for suitable proxies or really like the smaller minis or don't want to have to buy them again at a different size, depends how much your players can live with having to think that they appear smaller than they actually are :)

When people share their ideas though they could include info on which FFG Terrinoth minis or proxy minis best match the RWM scale so that remains the aimed for size. 3D printing's another option for proxies as you can usually adjust the scale.

Edited by Watercolour Dragon