City market : no item available after loading a savegame.

By Phoxounet, in Road to Legend

Hi there !

French player, really enjoying Road to Legend and Descent v2. Probably my favorite board game for years.

However, I think that something is wrong with the market and loading save games. When you quit your game in Tamalir (Kindred fire campaign, dunno for other ones), and load your save, you won't find available items in the market. If you skipped buying and selling stuff before quitting the game, you won't be able to buy and sell stuff upon loading your save game... unless you sacrifice 1 week to refresh the market. Not a game breaker bug, still annoying situation, especially when I and my mates did a near perfect run on the first encounter and are annoyed to lose a week because of the app and not our choices nor our tactics.

Any option to fix this problem ?

App up to date (v1.5.0)

Regards ! :)

Hello Phoxounet,

this change of behavior was intended. Before 1.5.0 you could essentially endlessly reroll the items on the market by quitting and reloading the game.

In 1.5 you will loose access to the items on the market after you visited a city and quit the game.

There are 2 ways to work around this:

- Quit the game right after finishing a quest, before traveling to a city
- Buy & Sell everything you want to sell once you have visited a city before saving and reloading.

It's not ideal, and it would be better if the app would save all items which are available in a city when you quit it. The current behavior is either a temporary fix until they have a solution for saving items, or it will stay this way (I guess this is more likely).

Edited by DerDelphi
1 hour ago, DerDelphi said:

Hello Phoxounet,

this change of behavior was intended. Before 1.5.0 you could essentially endlessly reroll the items on the market by quitting and reloading the game.

In 1.5 you will loose access to the items on the market after you visited a city and quit the game.

There are 2 ways to work around this:

- Quit the game right after finishing a quest, before traveling to a city
- Buy & Sell everything you want to sell once you have visited a city before saving and reloading.

It's not ideal, and it would be better if the app would save all items which are available in a city when you quit it. The current behavior is either a temporary fix until they have a solution for saving items, or it will stay this way (I guess this is more likely).

Thanks for the info !

I suspected this since I saw many reports regarding this exploit. However I didn't found this change in patchnotes and didn't know if it is was intended or a bug since I found nothing on steam about it.

Regards ! :)

Edited by Phoxounet
mistakes

I am rather pissed about this change.
We had to stop in the city because one player had to leave and we were all getting tired and I quit the game in the expectation that we could pick up where we left, shopping for items.
We now will be wasting one week to get new items and NOTHING IN THE GAME tells you this is the case.
If you make a change like that, maybe it would be advisable to make some clear indication?

Sorry, but since the game already depends on trusting the players to be honest, there seems no valid justification to implement such a "balancing feature".
Players can cheat anyway, so please rather focus on avoiding unwanted hangups like that where people get stuck!

Yes I had the same issue, after finishing 2 side quests on a late night, we quickly went to town, to see what gear options there were on the market. We made some notes on the gear options, then closed the app and packed the game components.

On our next playthrough we had prepared what we want to buy and sell and wanted to do the upgrading before starting the next campaign quest. So that rather sucked, none of the gear was there, empty market. We decided to just play on (undergeared) and not waste a week waiting.

We learned our lesson for the next time, decide on gear first before closing. I understand that the gear should not get rerolled after every start-up, but removing the previous available gear is no fun for the time constrained.