[IACP] Season 1 Testing League Now Available

By cnemmick, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

If you're looking to try out IACP changes in an organized play setting, I'm happy to announce that the project has organized a Vassal league that starts May 13th and ends June 30th. Players will be given 7 days to play their assigned opponent and report the winner.

More details about the league can be found here: http://ia-continuityproject.com/2019/05/07/strength-in-numbers-season-1-testing-league-now-open/

Registration ends May 12th.

I'm borderline on this. I want to try but I've never done a vassal game before. I'd probably be annoying to play against. I did download and set up vassal with IA on my computer in Jan though. Do I need some other thing downloaded for the new IACP costs?

Also I'm in a pretty different timezone at the moment. I guess I'd play in the early morning against American players or something...

21 minutes ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

I'm borderline on this. I want to try but I've never done a vassal game before. I'd probably be annoying to play against. I did download and set up vassal with IA on my computer in Jan though. Do I need some other thing downloaded for the new IACP costs?

Also I'm in a pretty different timezone at the moment. I guess I'd play in the early morning against American players or something...

Don't worry about any of that, just come out and try it! :) My first ever vassal game was in one of these tournaments last year and everyone's super great about bearing with you. There's also not that much too it, really, and Brett put out a super helpful youtube video about how to get playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfoe5vq2z4 . Just download the latest version of the module, it has all the fixes in it.

Also don't sweat the timezone; you and your opponent have a whole week to figure something out. I've literally never had a match in my weird Atlantic timezone - I tend to either stay up late for the Americans or get up early before work for the Europeans - but I still try to sign up for as many of these vassal tourneys as I can. It's a great way to get fun games in, especially if you don't have much of a local scene in your area. Plus it's just really cool to play IA against people from Finland or wherever

14 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

You'll want to grab the latest version of the module from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault

11.42 has the latest costs/cards.

I highly recommend playing. People will be happy to show you the ropes.

If you have a microphone, it will be even easier since you can voice chat with the Discord app.

14 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

That's pretty much where I am. Also, I could definitely see spending ALL my time on Vassel.

So registration is closed on the 12? or the 13th? Here it says 12th but on the IACP site it says the 13th...

No worries. If I missed it I'll still just try to play a game with someone for practice...

1 hour ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

So registration is closed on the 12? or the 13th? Here it says 12th but on the IACP site it says the 13th...

No worries. If I missed it I'll still just try to play a game with someone for practice...

Sorry, it wasn't clear. Registration ends and the tournament starts Monday, May 13th at 8am EDT.

You have almost 7 hours left to get in!