Mount Gundabad Caves Deck

By PocketWraith, in Rules questions & answers

I sent in this rules question earlier:

"I might be totally off-base with this, but I'm going to wonder until I get it confirmed, so: In Mount Gundabad, are the Throat of the Mountain and Dagnir's Hoard actually supposed to be in the encounter deck or should they be in the Caves deck? It's just because between the interesting effects on them, victory 1, the threat being equal to quest points and the fact they're the only locations in the pack without the Deep keyword, they match up to all the same elements on the other cards which are in the Caves deck. And since I know there was at least one mistake in the rulesheet (the discrepancy on when to flip the quest cards) I wondered if this was another such."

And got this response from Caleb:

"You are absolutely right: Throat of the Mountain and Dagnir’s Hoard are supposed to be part of the Caves deck. I’m so bummed that I didn’t remember to include that in the rules! I’m sorry for the confusion. Thank you for bringing to my attention. I will include the correct rules in the next FAQ and make sure that reprints have the correct text."

Good spot - I'd have never have worked that out on my own. (Just have to reply the scenario now!).

This makes so much more sense, I played this quest the other week and when Dagnir's Hoard just appeared off the encounter deck with its 7 threat I was super confused. After re-reading the rules insert and card several times I kind of just shrugged and was like ok sure seems a bit gnarly for a normal non-nightmare encounter card but sure. Never saw throat of the mountain but yeah I just played as though Dagnir's Hoard was a normal reveal from the encounter deck. Luckily It was late game so the 7 threat meant more or less nothing but had it appeared early game that could have been awful. Will have to remember to include these two locations in the caves deck next time. Well spotted!!