Enemy Moves

By Thaeggan, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

When the app says an enemy Moves 1 and Attacks but doesn't have a target, it brings up another window saying Enemy Moves 2. Does this mean I add the previous Move and the new Move together to a total of 3?

I'm confused here because last night I was playing and an Enemy was said to Move 1 then attack. However with no target, the app said to Move 4 which totaled 5. Moving 5 spaces is pretty nuts and wanted to make sure I was playing that right.

Hi, you only move the enemy the number of spaces designated in the second instruction if there is no valid target from the first instruction. Don't add them together.

So in your example, the enemy would only have moved 4 spaces.

Happy gaming.

Edited by Ancient Virus
Clarification

Thank you, I was also totally playing this wrong (I think it was probably due to the Imperial Assault app)

I played that wrong initially too. I found out later that if there is no valid target the whole action is ignored. Which totally makes sense now. The second action is like a double move

Wow, this was not clear to me either. Thanks for questing !

Yeah it was no really clear till I read the rules reference, under enemy activation. paragraph 30.6 see attached

lotr enemy.PNG

Moving 4 spaces is pretty nuts anyway!

Well it is the same that heroes moves when They douple move so very normal for Human size enemies... wargs Are even faster for good reason!

7 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

Moving 4 spaces is pretty nuts anyway!

Well, MoM 2nd edition does that, unless it does the same as JiME... and we were doing it wrong, didn't see anything on the rules saying that enemy movement works other way.

Edited by ApocK2

So, to be clear..

When the App says Enemy group move 2 and there is no target, they move back to the position where they come from. Then they get another instruction to move 3 and also that makes no target. Then again they move back to the start position and the whole action failed and the enemy group doesn't move at all. (or can the app let them do another instruction?) Is this right??

It is just strange that the enemy group move twice, like a hero travel action can do but now they return to the start position when they are not in range of an attack.

Edited by Henilin
1 hour ago, Henilin said:

So, to be clear..

When the App says Enemy group move 2 and there is no target, they move back to the position where they come from. Then they get another instruction to move 3 and also that makes no target. Then again they move back to the start position and the whole action failed and the enemy group doesn't move at all. (or can the app let them do another instruction?) Is this right??

It is just strange that the enemy group move twice, like a hero travel action can do but now they return to the start position when they are not in range of an attack.

Page 16, last page, of Learn to play:

image.png.a6612c142bd19dffc675ebc80cb37c36.png

And the new instruction you always have to do it.

Yep, I overlooked this frequently overlooked rule, but only once..

Hi guys,

I have a question about monster movements. What happens if a monster band is in a space with a hero on it and the app orders him to attack another hero that is within reach? For example, let's have an orc band in Gimli space, Legolas is within reach and the application orders the orcs band "move 1 to attack legolas". Does the band moves to attack legolas or keeps fighting with Gimli? As far as I can read in the Rules reference and Learn to play it seems the band would leave Gimli's space to fight Legolas, but at its seems kind of counterintuitive to me I want to be sure I have understood the rule correctly...

It would indeed move to and attack Legolas in that scenario. The enemy group will always follow the app's instructions to completion, if possible. It will only chose a different target if moving will not allow it to attack the initial one