Is this it?

By GnomeSamurai, in Runewars Miniatures Game

šŸ˜¦

With no word on expansions or campaign play, after the announcement of organized play being scrubbed, is this it for the game?

whats everyone elseā€™s thoughts on the matter? I personally was really hoping for some more stuff, be it another new faction of monstrous creatures.

The scuttle a few months ago was that material was actually at the playtesters for testing and had been pulled on or before the organized play announcement.

Donā€™t expect new product, but that doesnā€™t mean one canā€™t have a great time playing with the current toys, none of which are really exhausted.

Thereā€™s a ton of depth to the game. Heck, many of the X-Wing players I know of arenā€™t even buying the new expansions. The game is in the hands of the fans now and rest assured that nature abhors a vacuum...

Hang in there, something will come up shortly, I promise... šŸ˜€

I called chief. He says otherwise

Who is ā€œChiefā€?

9 hours ago, sarumanthewhite said:

Hang in ļ»æ there, something will come up shortly, I promise... šŸ˜€

8 hours ago, Jabby said:

I called ļ»æ chief. ļ»æ He says otherwise

Wait, what now? Who knows something that I dont know?!?

Just to be clear, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s going to come from FFG. I have no knowledge anyone there is doing anything. Remember, itā€™s the fans game now... šŸ˜€

On 5/1/2019 at 7:38 AM, Vergilius said:

The scuttle a few months ago was that material was actually at the playtesters for testing and had been pulled on or before the organized play announcement.

Donā€™t expect new product, but that doesnā€™t mean one canā€™t have a great time playing with the current toys, none of which are really exhausted.

We need a disloyal play-tester to leak what the material was.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:18 PM, sarumanthewhite said:

Hang in there, something will come up shortly, I promise... šŸ˜€

On 5/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, Jabby said:

I called chief. He says otherwise

I'm interested

I think it matters little if the local scenes arenā€™t thriving. We have dropped to two since January.

People seem to think I know something. I was just making a joke on the title.

you know: ā€œthis aint it chiefā€ that was the joke

OK, I see now. Thanks for explaining and sorry Iā€™m so dense- I went to public schools... šŸ˜‚

On 5/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, GnomeSamurai said:

With no word on expansions or campaign play, after the announcement of organized play being scrubbed, is this it for the game?

Well, that depends. FFG is going to sell stuff as long as they have stock, but there's not much incentive for retailers to try to pick it up if there's nobody actively looking for it.

Now that the rush of "What do we do?" immediately following the organized play announcement has died down, I've seen a few places trying to keep it going, including a recently announced midwest league tournament. So it's not dead yet, but it's still on life support.

----------------

But if you don't mind me hijacking the thread a bit: now that we've had a bit of time to get past the initial shock of the announcement, and since it appears that FFG has no intent to release any more units, do people think it's worth the time and effort for us to create new game content? As a playtester, I think I enjoyed the creation aspect at least as much as actually playing the game. But on the other hand, I also know the amount of effort that goes into creating, refining, and then balancing new materials, so I'm not excited about trying anything here if others aren't going to join me.

So, is it worth the time to test stuff out? If so, what would be the best place to start? New units? Heroes? Cavalry command packs? New faction?

No, don't blame for the Uthuk balancing! I was mostly burnt out during that test, so I was only peripherally involved in it!