Player Compensation for Card Changes

By everythingbagels, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Hello,

I am posting to gather ideas and solicit feedback for the recent changes made to cards in the article https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/4/29/shifting-the-heavens/?fbclid=IwAR0Tx2sRCkrJoLtHNnONAZVXztrJoQGWVbqAp63nVx3iTJe2oXCMNRtPkoU

While restricting cards certainly becomes necessary to improve design space, we now have cards we purchased that no longer do what they say. Regardless of whether or not you agree with these changes, they have been made in order to maintain a healthy state of the game and that is fact. My main concern is how will FFG follow up on this for the sake of players? In my opinion, in a world where FFG puts the players first, an "errata pack" of fixed cards would be issued for free to whomever requests one, one per person/household/however they want to do it.

But that's my opinion. Given their possible inclusion in a core set 2.0 or deluxe core set re-release, that feels like an option that shows no value in the players as that is essentially forcing us to re-buy cards that for whatever reason made it past playtesting the way they were.

What are your opinions? What do you think the best way to handle this is? Please consider the implications for dedicated, semi-casual, casual players and anyone in-between.

If FFG has already issued some announcement regarding how they plan to handle this, please link it here as I have not seen it, thanks!

On 4/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, everythingbagels said:

...in   a world where FFG puts the players first  ...

Image result for laugh gif