Release Date?

By BlastyMcBlasterFace, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Outer Rim has just switched to Shipping Now on the Upcoming page. So, looks like it'll hit the June 13th target date after all.

I sure hope that the mats are in the same shipment, I preordered both in the same order....

1 hour ago, RookiePilot said:

I sure hope that the mats are in the same shipment, I preordered both in the same order....

Shoot. I hadn't thought of that. Me too.

I live in Denmark, and I received the game yesterday, but didn't get the mat, which I preordered from the same retailer.

I intend to use my X wing mat

Considering it is shipping now, I guess it will be on Shelves in about two weeks (maybe next week even considering how behind FFG seems to have been in updating its progress).

EDIT: Anyone else notice that FFG quietly stopped putting the release date on new items that are in the "Now Shipping" status? Lame...

Edited by Otakuon

Bought mine on Tuesday in retail in Slovakia, European union.

Edited by kardo
On 5/30/2019 at 2:46 PM, Otakuon said:

EDIT: Anyone else notice that FFG quietly stopped putting the release date on new items that are in the "Now Shipping" status? Lame...

Yeah, but it's been pretty consistent for a while that a product changing to "Shipping Now" means "Release Date is on Thursday, Two Weeks from Now."

It is amusing to me how divided people are on the accuracy of the updates page. I fall on the side that doesn't trust it and figures I'll get the game when I get the game.

That being said, I am optimistic about playing it this month.

The game was readily available at multiple retailers at the UK Games Expo this weekend, and was on sale from 31st May. The game was sold for anywhere from £49.99 to £60.00.

I got my copy, but apparently I have to wait until my birth day next week to open it!

Saw a photo of someone who purchased a copy at a Game Stop of all places.

In Germany they will be delayed, said Asmodee via Facebook. :( But hey, they told us! ;)

My pre order arrived on Tuesday and seen in shops on Wednesday in the UK.

My copy is at the store ready for pick up tomorrow the 13th. Hype is real

On 5/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, RookiePilot said:

On 5/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

You nailed it, RookiePilot. The game has been released, but the game mat is not yet available, so I too must wait longer unless I cancel the pre-order of the game mat. 😡

Do I go through the pain of breaking up the order and having to pay for shipping, or wait in the hopes that the mat is just around the corner? I haven’t been able to find anything I consider reliable about the game mat release date so far. Cool Stuff Inc. has it listed as 2019 Q2, but nine of the other vendors I checked are even hazarding a guess.

Got the call from my FLGS, I am flying in the Outer Rim tonight!

Sorry to the game mat pre-order players. Hope you get yours soon. I'm more optimistic about you getting the play mat than I am about getting it myself when it becomes available for what it's worth.

Picked up my copy last night, only had time to inboxed and read half the learn to play book, but so excited to play, everything looks like a homer in so far

On 5/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I just had my supplier split the order, so i’ll get mine next week sometime, they confirmed that FFG was being FFG about the Mat, no news at all except delay. So yeah I’ll see that when it comes and just make do for now.

1 hour ago, Kani Kantai said:

I just had my supplier split the order, so i’ll get mine next week sometime, they confirmed that FFG was being FFG about the Mat, no news at all except delay. So yeah I’ll see that when it comes and just make do for now.

Did you buy from Miniature Market like I did? If so, will they still ship the game mat for free by itself without requiring that I order more stuff for the shipment to qualify for free shipping?

Just bought mine. Looking forward to some games early next week.

4 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Did you buy from Miniature Market like I did? If so, will they still ship the game mat for free by itself without requiring that I order more stuff for the shipment to qualify for free shipping?

No I bought from a UK company called Wayland Games, and yes they are honouring the free shipping for the Mat even though it’s below the threshold - not sure if that’s policy or goodwill gesture, but they did confirm I could get the game sooner and pay nothing more.

For those who are able, I just set the game up on one of my X-Wing playmates, Cloud City to be specific. It works perfectly.