Attacking

By driftingkenshi, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I feel a little silly about this but I want to clarify: I'm in the spot with two enemies at the start of my turn and want to attack twice. Do I finish the first drawing of cards and apply damage then click apply, or do I add the first round of damage then draw again and apply the second round of damage and THEN click apply?

I'm pretty sure it's one attack, one round of damage, then apply and repeat for the second attack but it is better to know for sure than assume.

What say you, community?

17 minutes ago, driftingkenshi said:

I 'm pretty sure it's one attack, one round of damage, then apply and repeat for the second attack but it is better to know for sure than assume.

You are correct, each attack should be treated as a completely separate action.

Edited by Thaeggan

And the first attack will suffer a counter attack

3 minutes ago, Majushi said:

Unless the first attack was beastly and wiped them both out. ;)

(Gimli + prepared skill restless axe + 3 successes on might test = My favorite thing in the game)

Edited by TheSpitfired
23 minutes ago, Majushi said:

I'm not sure how this happens. The app controls whether a counter attack happens. The only way to have enemies attack during the action phase is to provoke and provoke is not triggered by attacking, only moving out of and interactions within an enemy space.

If the enemy survives attacks at the end of all player(s) actions, the enemy will counter attack then prompted by the app.

Counter attacks and provoke are separate things.

when you’re fighting something, and don’t kill it the app asks if it can attack. If it can, ie in the same space as the hero, then answer yes.