Let's Play Journeys in Middle-Earth

By BiggsIRL, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hello everyone! I'm Biggs, and I post and write mostly about Armada, but I'm super pumped for this game.

Anyways, I doing a Let's Play for the game, with audience participation.

http://www.steelstrategy.com/2019/04/the-road-goes-ever-on-lets-play.html

Obviously spoilers inside. Anyway, post in this thread which characters you want to see me use, and what the name of the party should be!

Fyi, Beravor is a "Raider-esque" creation of FFG, first created for Middle-Earth Quest (2009). She also appeared in the LOTR LCG (2011), so by now she's a consistent fixture of FFG's middle earth universe.

Elena is also one of these, although this is her debut game.

My vote is for Aragorn, Beravor, and Elena, but that's almost entirely based on thematic considerations.

Or three hunters... then each character can douple class!

aragorn captain/musician

gimli pathfinder/guardian

legolas smugler/hunter

three character is definitely sweet spot so every character can douple class.

but if you just make solo playthrough, two character is best. Less Gaming mistakes! And less time,

If you do go with the Three Hunters I'd have Gimli be burglar/guardian and Legolas be pathfinder/hunter.

20 hours ago, Onidsen said:

My vote is for Aragorn, Beravor, and Elena, but that's almost entirely based on thematic considerations.

18 hours ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

aragorn

gimli

legolas

18 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

If you do go with the Three Hunters I'd have Gimli be burglar/guardian and Legolas be pathfinder/hunter.

I'm planning on writing up a review of the classes on Wednesday, so we can discuss that bit and choose classes / equipment for our heros. Voting will close Tuesday.

Currently, between Facebook voting and this thread the score is as follows:

Aragorn: 3
Beravor: 2
Bilbo: 3
Elena: 2
Gimli: 4
Legolas: 4

Edited by BiggsIRL

I'm voting Bilbo, Elana, and Gimli.

Haven't seen any videos with them yet (besides the FFG stream).

Putting the article together still, but it is looking like it will be Gimli, Legolas, and Bilbo.

Probably won't matter, but I'd vote Beravor, Aragorn, and Elena

Edited by Caldias
17 hours ago, Caldias said:

Probably won't matter, but I'd vote Beravor, Aragorn, and Elena

A bit too late, I'd already started writing up the article. The sad thing is I was kinda hoping to play with Elena this go-around.

Anyways, here's Part 2 - Down the Road Where It Began:

http://www.steelstrategy.com/2019/05/the-road-goes-ever-on-lets-play.html

I need votes on a few things before I can begin the next article - voting will be open until Sunday (when I can sit down and play). There are 5 DIFFERENT VOTES:

Audience Decision Time:
Gimli: Battle Axe or Sword + Harp/Banner
-and-
Legolas: Great Bow, Staff, or Double Dagger (and Bilbo takes Harp/Banner)
Pick a Class for Gimli
- and-
Pick a Class for Legolas
- and-
Pick a Class for Bilbo
On 4/28/2019 at 3:15 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Hello everyone! I'm Biggs, and I post and write mostly about Armada, but I'm super pumped for this game.

Anyways, I doing a Let's Play for the game, with audience participation.

http://www.steelstrategy.com/2019/04/the-road-goes-ever-on-lets-play.html

Obviously spoilers inside. Anyway, post in this thread which characters you want to see me use, and what the name of the party should be!

Hey Biggs,

Thanks for the great article, I have been a big fan of your Armada stuff.

As a massive star wars and lord of the rings fan, it's been great to have this game to help fill the gap of the great Armada slow down

sad porg.jpeg

Gimli- Battle Axe, Hunter

Legolas- Great Bow, Captain

Bilbo- Musician