play Luke as my hero?

By spuzzffg, in Legends of the Alliance

hey guys

i have purchased the base IA, and luke ally pack, how do i play luke as my hero in the app?

you can't select him in the app, and there is no hero card in his pack.

cheers

8 minutes ago, spuzzffg said:

hey guys

i have purchased the base IA, and luke ally pack, how do i play luke as my hero in the app?

you can't select him in the app, and there is no hero card in his pack.

cheers

Neither Luke, nor any other blister pack character, is playable as a hero in this game. You can earn him as an ally in the standard or app campaigns or you can use him in your squad in the skirmish mode.

Edited by dwaynedauzat

ok thanks dwaynedauzat...but thats a shame..i am playing Star Wars, i would like to play Luke, Han, IG88 etc and not generic wookie.

i had a feeling when i opened the blister pack, and there was no hero card, that i might be let down. i was hoping it might have been in a big box expansion.

thxs again.

31 minutes ago, spuzzffg said:

ok thanks dwaynedauzat...but thats a shame..i am playing Star Wars, i would like to play Luke, Han, IG88 etc and not generic wookie.

i had a feeling when i opened the blister pack, and there was no hero card, that i might be let down. i was hoping it might have been in a big box expansion.

thxs again.

While we have all imagined ourselves being Luke, Han or Leia in the Star Wars galaxy we mustn't forget that there might have been a Joe, Bob and Sally that possibly contributed to the Galactic Civil War in some capacity. That's the point of view in this game. It let's us play as some rag tag team, trying to make a difference is some small, but exciting, way and occasionally we may cross paths with those iconic characters that we all know and love and, who knows, we may even get to fight right along side them, blasting stormtroopers with Han or blowing up AT-ATs with Chewy. I encourage you to give this game a chance. There are a lot of cool characters to play and learn. You can always play as Luke in the skirmish mode if you wish.

Edited by dwaynedauzat
51 minutes ago, spuzzffg said:

In addition to what @dwaynedauzat said, I want to point to the new LOTR game FFG just released, which allows you to play as iconic characters.

Looking at those boards, a lot of players wish they were playing as generic characters rather than Legolas or Ghimli. My point being, there is no pleasing everyone with this topic.

Honestly though, I sort felt like you did when I first heard about Imperial Assault, but now that I’ve played it I’m happy that it was made with “generic” characters. By the time we get to the end of a campaign, I feel like we’ve built our own story with the universe.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

i hear what you are saying, but why can't we play both 'generic wookie' and Luke Skywalker? :)

i play lotr lcg, and love the FFG created heroes..but i'd love play the main charactor also.

thanks again dwaynedauzat.