Painting progress

By VAYASAN, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Still got skin to finish and details to add + obviously basing, but here is my start on the Orcs'es

Image may contain: table

Those look GREAT!

Sorry, I should have mentioned, im following (mostly) Sorastros brilliant painting guide which I think are linked on this forum somewhere.

@Sorastro Even as a seasoned painter of many decades(i dont have time to do things as good as you do mind) I have loved following your guides since I found them for Imperial Assault, then on to Descent then Legion and now JIME. I also find it amusing that I have followed your style and independently moved to painting using thinned paints and no highlights as you have on here(I changed painting ASOIAF minis a few months ago) so your style in this vid is perfect for me.

You are not only a great painter...but what I would consider a master of colours, your blends and choices always give a brilliant end product.

1 hour ago, VAYASAN said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned, im following (mostly) Sorastros brilliant painting guide which I think are linked on this forum somewhere.

@Sorastro Even as a seasoned painter of many decades(i dont have time to do things as good as you do mind) I have loved following your guides since I found them for Imperial Assault, then on to Descent then Legion and now JIME. I also find it amusing that I have followed your style and independently moved to painting using thinned paints and no highlights as you have on here(I changed painting ASOIAF minis a few months ago) so your style in this vid is perfect for me.

You are not only a great painter...but what I would consider a master of colours, your blends and choices always give a brilliant end product.

That's very kind Vayasan; thank you so much! It looks like you've made a really awesome start to your LOTR figures! :)