Wraiths or something else?

By AJSGF798, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

The minis that come in the game that look like Wraiths: are they indeed wraiths? Nazgul? Ghosts? etc?

I ask due to painting. If they are something ghost-like I will paint them more ethereal-like, if they are more Nazgul / something physically touchable like then I will paint them as such.

Thanks, I haven't played yet and have been unable to find a listing of what the actual baddies are.

I just assumed they were Barrow Wights, as they are located in the area the game is set in.

I believe they are the spirits of old Dúnedain that got corrupted or something.

i don’t know for sure though

8 hours ago, AJSGF798 said:

The minis that come in the game that look like Wraiths: are they indeed wraiths? Nazgul? Ghosts? etc?

I ask due to painting. If they are something ghost-like I will paint them more ethereal-like, if they are more Nazgul / something physically touchable like then I will paint them as such.

Thanks, I haven't played yet and have been unable to find a listing of what the actual baddies are.

Barrow-wights (Animated Dead- using The Witch King's Necromancy. Dead bodies inhabited by evil spirits)

They are both physical and spiritual. Paint the bones and exposed areas as a skeleton but the robes, eye sockets, and hands can have any eerie glow like a Wraith.

You could probably do a skeleton paint-job, with tattered black/grey robes, and a blue/green/red wash around it's eyes and hands and it'd come out nicely.

image.jpeg.8d6611257872f503c19161c7d9016211.jpeg They would look something like this. Basically a Lich (Zombie Wizards) in other media.

Not all Barrow-wights can use magic. Some are closer to skeleton warriors/zombies (don't think they eat flesh though) but the strongest BW's can use evil magic.

They only come out at night, or stay in dark caves, as light will destroy them. Thus you can travel the barrow downs by day, but it isn't recommended. Rangers would do it on occasion- but only when absolutely necessary.

Image result for barrow downs map

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image result for barrow wight Barrow-downs (Where you tend to find them)

They used to be human warriors and kings who all eventually died during the Witch King's Invasion of the country Arnor . He brought them back for evil purpose.

Edited by King_Balrog

I went for this look 😁

FB_IMG_1556220005330.jpg

Thanks all, so back to my original question, ARE they CONFIRMED barrow wights? Not asking to see others nor the lore of them, I want to know what the specific models are actually supposed to be.

Thanks again

The official name from FFG is “wights.”

Thank you; I scoured the rulebooks trying to find something, figured it might be an in-game thing. If they are wights then they are physical, so I'll paint them as such. Thanks

Are they from the Barrow-wrights the Barrow Downs are in Eriador right?

They are wights so they are corporal creatures, at least when they are attacking or interacting. I guess I will paint mine up as skeletal undead wearing dark colored rags.

Was thinking something like this

nighthaunt.jpg

Well, I just fought a couple of them and the game called them "wights" as well. They seem to be a mix of spiritual and physical, but the ones that show up as minis are able to be engaged and taken down as physical beings, while also being spirits of the dead.