Question: free token interactions

By AJankowski, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Yesterday i played chapter 6 and I had 2 interactions with person tokens. Each time those interactions had 2 decisions but without any "action arrows". After my decision I still had to do a skill check but the reward was more like "you are allowed to move 2 spaces".

So that basically means that some token interactions don't have an action cost? It came by surprise and it makes it even more important to look at some tokens in the app in advance.

I think interacting with the token is an action and if there is an arrow that costs an additional action. At least that's how I was playing it.

Hmm.. You are always allowed to check a token in the app for no cost. So just clicking on a token without the arrow action should cost nothing.

And after rereading, looks like I've been doing that wrong! It does specifically tie interact actions to arrow abilities.

That should make the game a lot easier for you ;)

I'm still confused that in some cases your decisions don't cost an arrow action.

I have to wonder if it was intended to be free or not. Have you tried asking the Facebook group?

Edited by Caldias

Interacting is an action based on rulebook... I did run out of time in that scenario, so not so sure any more. First time it to happen. But I still supose that all interactions does take action, unless the card specially says Otherwise.