Playing Assist Cards/ Support Questions

By simpatikool, in StarCraft

Folks,

#1) In a skirmish, can an attacker or defender play assist cards if there is only one attacking/defending unit?

Example:

I am an attacker and assign a scourge to attack the defenders Scout. Could the attacker or defender play an assist card if the text or qualifiers of the card were relevant? Say, I as the attacker have an assist card that has the qualifier "any" on it.

Specifically, do you have to have an "Assist" unit present in the battle to play an assist card?

#2) How many supporting/assist units can be assigned to a skirmish? If a Defender has one FLU and two assist units, would both assist units be assigned to the FLU?

#3) if a skirmish can have more than one supporting/assisting unit, would that FLU have multiple support attack values added?

This causes me confusion in play, and I just can't seem to find the relevant rules.

If by assist cards you mean reinforcement cards, then

1. Yes, you can play reinforcement cards with only one unit, even if that unit is not an assist unit. Example: A protoss player has a zealot in play and decides to use the "Gain +1 health" reinforcement card in his hand because that card says any unit can use it. He plays this in addition to a combat card.

2. Any number of supporting units can be assigned to one skirmish, so long as a maximum number of skirmishes have been made. In other words, if both sides of the skirmish have combat support units ( not assist units ) the those two combat units must be a part of their own skirmish. You must also stay within the unit limit, so by any number, I mean as many as fit in the area. Example: a protoss player is attacking with four units, one zealot and three high templars. since templars are assist units, they all support the one zealot. Example 2: a protoss player is attacking with two zealots and the zerg player is defending with four zerglings. the protoss player must create two skirmishes, since that is the max number of skirmishes possible. the left over zerglings can be assigned as support units, either both supporting one skirmish or supporting two different skirmishes.

3. since multiple units can be in the supporting role, their support values do add up. Example: a terran player is attacking the zerg. one siege tank and four marines are attacking a single ultralisk. the terran player decides the tank will be the FLU and the marines will support. the tanks initial attack is 8, and since he has four marines, he adds 4 attack, 1 for each marine. the tanks final attack is 12. the terran player could potentially also add a reinforcement card to the skirmish.

hope this helps dude. Duuuuuuuude!