NO Rally Point Qualifier's in Florida?

By Matt3412, in Organized Play

Is there really not going to be any in Florida? or will they update the list throughout the year?

I know right lol, however we have a couple able to go to in nearby state...

5/18/2019 Giga-Bites Tabletop Cafe Marietta GA
8/17/2019 Meeple Madness Flowery Branch GA

However, yes I think things could change if a store that qualifies in Florida submits having one. Wouldn't count on it though.

Edited by Tokous

There will be none, as that list is the final list. It a shame no one thought that Legion was going to be big enough to host an event here. The closest ones are the Georgia ones and those are 7+ hours away. Maybe next year. We gotta work together to get our communities stronger and larger.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Tokous said:

I know right lol, however we have a couple able to go to in nearby state...

5/18/2019 Giga-Bites Tabletop Cafe Marietta GA
8/17/2019 Meeple Madness Flowery Branch GA

However, yes I think things could change if a store that qualifies in Florida submits having one. Wouldn't count on it though.

*shrugs* I dunno what to tell you, only 5 stores in the region submitted for it and none were in Fl. You're welcome to come up on the 18th though!

2 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

*shrugs* I dunno what to tell you, only 5 stores in the region submitted for it and none were in Fl. You're welcome to come up on the 18th though!

I don't understand what you are saying, I don't own a hobby gaming store... not yet atleast. So it has nothing to do with me. Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, please read from the beginning...I answered a question based on Facts, not randomly made a wild statement. Nothing more or less.

Facts are there is none in FL. <-- Period.

Edited by Tokous
7 hours ago, Tokous said:

I don't understand what you are saying, I don't own a hobby gaming store... not yet atleast. So it has nothing to do with me. Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, please read from the beginning...I answered a question based on Facts, not randomly made a wild statement. Nothing more or less. 

Facts are there is none in FL. <-- Period.

I wasn't saying it had anything to do with you. I was Just saying that I was in on the discord for this region and no FL stores asked for one, which was odd to me.

odd indeed, especially how populated it is.

37 minutes ago, Tokous said:

odd indeed, especially how populated it is.

There were only 5 total requested for the Region and 3 of them were around metro Atlanta and that's out of 5 states. Every time I run an event, players from other areas comment that there just aren't enough stores running Legion events.

I agree with that one! Originally I called a vast amount of different hobby gaming stores within a 100+ mile radius, and only a select handful or less were actually doing anything or even interested. Luckily I found a better store to go to which is 1h 30m drive but way better than the one that is 20-30m away lol. All in time I figure, We are just over a year into this game.

I have been trying to research the Florida Legion scene as I am moving down that way in the near future (Melbourne area). I see little to none when it comes to organized play. What gives?

@Meynolt I wish I knew. I know its sloowwwllly growing in the Tampa area, but in my area, we have 2-4 players every Thursday night. Hopefully with the advent of The Clone Wars starter we get some new players.

Keep in mind that the application window for Legion Prime Championships (new name for RPQ) just closed yesterday. These will be scheduled between September '19 and February '20 with different prize support that the RPQ. Winner still gets an invite to worlds.

Something to keep in mind about a store applying to host a Prime Championship, the application states that it must be able to accommodate 32 players. That is 16 6'x3' (minimum) tables with terrain . That is a big ask for most stores.

My LGS applied (I'm the TO) because we have the space, but if we get approved coming up with that much terrain is going to be interesting.

Actually the Prime championships are for next season, 2020-2021. Year 2 OP (which we’re in until the end of adepticon) is already accounted for. Those applications were for year 3 - a fact I confirmed with Matt Holland who is the OP director.

9 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

Keep in mind that the application window for Legion Prime Championships (new name for RPQ) just closed yesterday. These will be scheduled between September '19 and February '20 with different prize support that the RPQ. Winner still gets an invite to worlds.

Something to keep in mind about a store applying to host a Prime Championship, the application states that it must be able to accommodate 32 players. That is 16 6'x3' (minimum) tables with terrain . That is a big ask for most stores.

My LGS applied (I'm the TO) because we have the space, but if we get approved coming up with that much terrain is going to be interesting.

14 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Actually the Prime championships are for next season, 2020-2021. Year 2 OP (which we’re in until the end of adepticon) is already accounted for. Those applications were for year 3 - a fact I confirmed with Matt Holland who is the OP director.

Can you share your confirmation? The email I read at my LGS indicated the Prime Championship application was for "season 2" of this OP year and, if selected, the Prime had to be held before the end of February '20.

2 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

Can you share your confirmation? The email I read at my LGS indicated the Prime Championship application was for "season 2" of this OP year and, if selected, the Prime had to be held before the end of February '20.

ipz8s4.jpg

From this afternoon

@TalkPolite If that is accurate then the email to the store owners is misleading, or OP has their wires crossed (again?)

On 7/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, NeonWolf said:

My collection is at your service. (I'm almost to 3 tables)

Edited by Zrob314
Just now, Zrob314 said:

My collection is at your service.

Awesome! Thanks @Zrob314 I'll let you know if we get approved

27 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

@TalkPolite If that is accurate then the email to the store owners is misleading, or OP has their wires crossed (again?)

No idea, I’ll have to look at the email again.

Point being, make sure you understand you’re running an event that happens next season, not this current one.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, NeonWolf said:

I too can lend some terrain for the cause. If any other places need the help lets help them out as well.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Starwarshockeyfanfl said:

@Meynolt I wish I knew. I know its sloowwwllly growing in the Tampa area, but in my area, we have 2-4 players every Thursday night. Hopefully with the advent of The Clone Wars starter we get some new players.

What is your "area"? I did some research in Melbourne and there is one store that runs it when the TO isn't deployed. Honestly do not feel like driving several hours for a casual possible game, organized league...maybe.

16 hours ago, Meynolt said:

What is your "area"? I did some research in Melbourne and there is one store that runs it when the TO isn't deployed. Honestly do not feel like driving several hours for a casual possible game, organized league...maybe.

Sarasota/Bradenton area.

Off Topic yet hope you all stay safe, Florida and any other states that get hit by hurricane dorian.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, Meynolt said:

I live in Melbourne and would be extremely happy to have someone to play games with regularly (especially if you're looking to get competitive although I'm happy playing casually as well). I have terrain and all the armies.

1 hour ago, Hoffburger said:

I live in Melbourne and would be extremely happy to have someone to play games with regularly (especially if you're looking to get competitive although I'm happy playing casually as well). I have terrain and all the armies.

Sounds great...Though I won't be moved until the spring or the summer of 2020, ran into a delay on my house sale...Keep in touch?