2 Deltas + X

By GreenDragoon, in X-Wing Battle Reports

I'll do a thread for this list type, too, as I have so much fun playing it!

The battle reports will be on my blog, but we can have the discussions here.

The list, version 1.1

Anakin Skywalker (60)
R2 Astromech (4)
Delta-7B (18)

Mace Windu (46)
R4-P17 (5)
Delta-7B (16)

104th Battalion Pilot (42)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
Total: 200

Version 1.2: R2 on both Jedi

Version 1.3: Sense on Mace

Games:

Games with Anakin, Mace and a Torrent:

Edited by GreenDragoon

Excellent write-up. I appreciate the in-depth analysis as I am running a very similar list (3-0 now) and it's great to get another's perspective. Looking forwards to your next game.

1 hour ago, Samurai33 said:

Excellent write-up. I appreciate the in-depth analysis as I am running a very similar list (3-0 now) and it's great to get another's perspective. Looking forwards to your next game.

Just played it, against Anakin/Obiwan. Again had to move first, but it went again quite ok.

Will you be writing that up as well? I'd be interested in the Ani/Obi build. Got to have balls to play a small 2- ship list.

8 hours ago, Samurai33 said:

Will you be writing that up as well? I'd be interested in the Ani/Obi build. Got to have balls to play a small 2- ship list.

It was already up, see the link in the first post

20 hours ago, Samurai33 said:

btw I tried it. Personally was an awful experience.

Does 2 Delta + Another Delta count for this thread? I've seen this show up in a few places in recent trials and I definitely think there's something there.

45 minutes ago, RStan said:

Does 2 Delta + Another Delta count for this thread? I've seen this show up in a few places in recent trials and I definitely think there's something there.

Absolutely! It did well in italy, and @prauxim almost made cut with it. It looks interesting!

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Absolutely! It did well in italy, and @prauxim almost made cut with it. It looks interesting!

Yeah and I netdecked it from someone who got 6/75 so there's something there!

Ha ha, funilly enough GD, I have just been out and purchased the Jedi stuff, and was gonna put a list together, we must like the same kinda lists after the A wings.

Have you tried the Torrents? or just the Arc?, have seen a few lists with Ani another ace and 2 Torrents around, but is the Arc beef better than 2 small ships?

Look forwards to seeing more stuff from you

11 hours ago, Mcpolle said:

Ha ha, funilly enough GD, I have just been out and purchased the Jedi stuff, and was gonna put a list together, we must like the same kinda lists after the A wings.

Have you tried the Torrents? or just the Arc?, have seen a few lists with Ani another ace and 2 Torrents around, but is the Arc beef better than 2 small ships?

Look forwards to seeing more stuff from you

Yeah I think a lot of the awing crew are giving deltas a go. At first I thought CLT would be good and it would have a similar waspy focus/repo/1000 cuts play style, but turns out 7B is better and they are more like super-acrobatic superiority fighters, which is fine too.

Apart from 2 Agility is really harsh for them, played two games last night versus Rebele beef, lost both pretty heavily, I ran Ani, Mace and Wolfe, lost both 😞

These are great - thank you so much for taking the time!

I say this as one who plays against Jedi frequently, and have yet to kill one, let alone win a game. They are frustrating as ****. But. Your clear and concise write-ups give me at least some idea of how to face them. Maybe.

Again, my thanks!

Good and informative read. Like how you split your Vassal turns with photos. Will do regular check ins for new reports.

Can you expain the "Gate is Down" method by Dee Yun? @GreenDragoon

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried trip 7B with Sense? Ani is prob a no-go, but trip I4, Lum/Mac/Obi or Plo/Obi/Mace work.

As you saw, Sense is amazing, and really devalues higher-Ini, with SN being priced out of reach, you can shut down a lot of expensive ships. And you still act like aces vs swarms.

And a 3rd 7B chassis just destroys any of the other +1 options IMO.

I just posted about this very kind of list and it looks like everything (and more) I asked for is likely is this thread! Should have scrolled around a bit first...