Forced effect at beginning of quest phase Vs Action

By Vermithrax, in Rules questions & answers

I'm playing Journey to the Cross-Roads where step 1B states.

Forced: At the beginning of the quest phase, reveal the top facedown card from under The Cross-Roads and add it to the staging area.

There is an action window at the beginning of the quest phase, specifically the commit characters step. So my question becomes can I trigger an Action on a character at the beginning of the quest phase and then trigger the Forced effect?

The FAQ says this about the Quest phase.

The final sentence of the first paragraph in this section should read: "Players have the opportunity to take actions and play event cards at the beginning and ending of each step."

I suspect the way this game works will have the Forced effect trigger first as the rules also say this

These effects initiate and resolve immediately, whenever their specified prerequisite occurs

The Rules Reference is quite clean about this: 3.1 is the start of the Quest phase, at which point the above Forced will fire. The first opportunity to trigger Actions in the phase is between 3.1 and 3.2 (I like to call it 3.1 1/2), which is of course after 3.1—thus, no opportunity to do any Action before the Forced.

That will teach me to stop using the old rulebooks. I just downloaded the online reference. Thanks for the pointer.