Rule issue. Chaos Maurader card

By Kassing, in Chaos Marauders

Was playing a game of CM and I drew the Chaos Marauder card.

I used it to complete a battle line and declared an attack, then a player shouted chaos maurader and took the card.

The issue was caused by me having a completed battle line, beginning an attack and then suddenly not having a complete battle line.

My question is: What the hell happens now?

Does my attack end because I declared an attack even though I wasn't able to resolve it?

Does the chaos marauder go to the other player?

I have another question regarding warmachines. They all have the same symbol at the bottom, so if you draw two of the same warmachine piece in your turn does it cause your turn to end?

Hello,

In my opinion, regarding your first question, if you complete a battle line with chaos maurader and you declare an attack before anyone noticing him, then the other player can no longer take him from you. It says in the rules that any enemy can take the card from you until the end of your turn but the case that you are describing it's clearly a special one. In my opinion since the attack is declared no one can take this card from you. This is the simpler and most fluent solution so I guess that this was on the mind of the game designer (It is clearly my opinion although).

Regarding your second question I am almost certain that two parts of the same warmachine are not supposed to share the same symbol. So you are never forced to end your turn as a result of drawing a part of a warmachine that you already possess. Think of it differently, if two parts of a war machine were supposed to have the same symbol then you wouldn't be able to place them on the same battle line. This is of course is not true, so war machine parts are not supposed to share the same symbol.

I am a few years late in my response, but in the case of anyone reading this topic with the same issue, I would like to throw in my opinion and disagree with arisgl's line of reasoning with regards the chaos maurader. I would say as its still not the end of your turn, the other player is justified in calling out "chaos maurader" and can take the card. It would be wise to not draw attention to ones self when placing the maurader. hehe. The card would pass to the other player and as the attack was only declared and no result was made or dice rolled the attack would not be permitted.