have the game, but no app

By spuzzffg, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

hey guys

i have the game, woot!!..but the steam app has it as coming soon...when is the app available?

cheers

Same, Steam shows it as not yet available, but my phone shows it available on Google Play.

I'm sure they'll fix it soon

"do you guys not have phones " copyright blizzard :)

Edited by Impish1234
2 minutes ago, Impish1234 said:

do you guys not have phones :)

Yes but my laptop is a preference for the table so everyone can see what is going on in the app, or at least it would be if the steam release was actually available ☹️

At least you have time to paint your minis! 😈

5 minutes ago, Shironeko said:

At least you have time to paint your minis! 😈

But hopefully not the time to learn how to paint in the first place! 😀

1 hour ago, Malu24 said:

Yes but my laptop is a preference for the table so everyone can see what is going on in the app, or at least it would be if the steam release was actually available ☹️

I have a smart TV and for MoM usually cast my mobile onto it so everybody can see the stuff.

5 hours ago, Impish1234 said:

"do you guys not have phones " copyright blizzard :)

3 hours ago, ApocK2 said:

I have a smart TV and for MoM usually cast my mobile onto it so everybody can see the stuff.

I'd prefer to never use my phone, even for casting, while playing. I will cast from my laptop.

Read elsewhere that Steam usually updates at 1pm EST, so if it is going to happen today that'll be the time to check.

No help to the OP, I realize, as you're wanting the app for a laptop, but I downloaded the app for my iPad yesterday. So it is available and I would imagine will show up on Steam today. Unfortunately, the game itself won't arrive at my home until next Wednesday! 😥

Edited by David Spangler
I forgot to mention my main point!
46 minutes ago, Malu24 said:

Read elsewhere that Steam usually updates at 1pm  ES  T   ,  so if it is going to happen today that'll be the time to check.

If so, they should launch it yesterday. But cant't believe steam is having one launch date time..

My game is unpacked, now I'm waiting and in few hours have to leave.. a bit dissapointed tbh.. since gonna play then in 3 days 😕 Eh..

8 minutes ago, Sarseth said:

If so, they should launch it yesterday. But cant't believe steam is having one launch date time..

My game is unpacked, now I'm waiting and in few hours have to leave.. a bit dissapointed tbh.. since gonna play then in 3 days 😕 Eh..

Worth looking at this - FFG replied to a customer question regarding availability of steam app: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2188154/steam-pc-app

9 minutes ago, Malu24 said:

Worth looking at this - FFG replied to a customer question regarding availability of steam app: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2188154/steam-pc-app

Ok thanks. Dang, they made through iOS review system earlier than steam. That is weird

Edited by Sarseth
3 hours ago, Sarseth said:

Ok thanks. Dang, they made through iOS review system earlie  r than steam. That is weird

Having developped apps on every-damned-platform (tm) this is fascinating to me that any reviewing process can take longer than the iOS one... I guess they stretched the deadline for the PC version a bit too thin...

So, the app is out for Android and Apple … but Steam is still showing as "coming soon"....

I just read the other thread on boardgamegeek … really .. another week for it to come out on Windows? Brutal. And no, it is not that I don't have an apple phone. And no, It is not that my wife does not have an iPad. And no, it is not that I cant push it out to the TV. But …. My phone is to small for ease of play. My wife users her iPad in the evening when I would be playing. My TV is not in my dining room where I am going to set up the game.

I do not think it is unreasonable to expect when they say "you need an app to play" and "the app will be out on all platforms" that I can play at the same time as my apple owning and android owning friends …..

The app should have been available before orders shipped so we could play when we got our boxes.. not look at them for 2 days.

The app should have been available across all platforms at the same time.

This is my first experience with a game that requires an app instead of is assisted by an app … and I am disappointed … which is a pretty **** way to start the game experience..

Hi all waiting for Steam,

I just received an email from Steam that the app was now available to download!

Same here.

19 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Hi all waiting for Steam,

I just received an email from Steam that the app was now available to download!

Yep, downloaded thanks ☺️

... Have app, waiting for game :(

purchased on Boardlandia but still have yet to get notification of a shipment...

Seems they just got their stock and shipping tomorrow

Edited by Thaeggan
ETA given