Allies and Adversaries - Spoilers/ Q&A

By AgniAvis72, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Hi all,

I picked up Allies and Adversaries at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago this past week. This forum is for any questions or requests you have for me to spoil stuff!

Of note: don't ask me for word for word paragraphs or pictures of the art or pages as this is a violation copyright law.

Other than that let fly the questions!

Do we have Ortolans? Can I play as an Ortolan? I need to play as an Ortolan.

Does the book include vehicles and gear?

36 minutes ago, Rithuan said:

Do we have Ortolans? Can I play as an Ortolan? I need to play as an Ortolan.

Does the book include vehicles and gear?

No Ortolan unfortunately and no vehicles or gear.

@AgniAvis72 , You're Breaking My Heart

(Thank you for the reply!)

1 minute ago, Rithuan said:

@AgniAvis72 , You're Breaking My Heart

(Thank you for the reply!)

I now, im sorry 😧

My traditional first question when a new book comes out, what ships are statted in it?

3 hours ago, RogueCorona said:

My traditional first question when a new book comes out, what ships are statted in it?

There are no ships in Allies and Adversaries

Edited by AgniAvis72
spelling error in body

I have a question. Are the stats for Vader the same as dawn of rebellion?

Yes and so are Mauls stats.

Any new imperial stats? New troopers ect.

2 hours ago, naitsirk said:

I have a question. Are the stats for Vader the same as dawn of rebellion?

yes they are

2 hours ago, Samuel Richard said:

Any new imperial stats? New troopers ect.

yes there is.

Corporate sector authority viceprex

death trooper

Imperial armor corps

imperial royal guard

interrogation droids (two types)

cavetroopers

range trooper

sandtrooper

shore trooper

swamptrooper

Does anybody else's copy Allies & Adversaries show that Jawas are not silhouette 0?

Table 6-6 on page 212 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rule book states that they are silhouette 0, but my copy of Allies & Adversaries doesn't show their size.

3 hours ago, Dreeghul said:

Does anybody else's copy Allies & Adversaries show that Jawas are not silhouette 0?

Table 6-6 on page 212 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rule book states that they are silhouette 0, but my copy of Allies & Adversaries doesn't show their size.

yeah mine has no silhouette either

How are Range troopers handled? Are they Rivals or just minions? I got the impression they are a bit more independent than most other Shoretroopers.

17 hours ago, Dreeghul said:

Most short species should not be sil 0. Sil 0 is smaller than you think it is. If Jawas were actually silhouette 0, then a PCwould be able to carry 10 of them for 1 point of encumbrance. Likewise, wookiees are not sil 2.

2 hours ago, KRKappel said:

If Jawas were actually silhouette 0, then a PCwould be able to carry 10 of them for 1 point of encumbrance.

This is simply incorrect. A character's Silhouette has no effect on how much Encumbrance it takes to carry the character. All characters can be carried for (5+ Brawn) Encumbrance regardless of them being a Sil 0 Toydarian or a Sil 2 Dowutin. It's a stupid rule, but that's the RAW.

I agree with Happy, although I don't dislike the RAW on this. Jawas are even specifically called out as silhouette 0 in the F&D Core Rulebook: "Silhouette 0 is smaller than a human (such as a specific starship component, a Jawa, or an astromech droid)..." (p. 230).

Genesys maintains this understanding of silhouette 0, placing mid-sized dogs in that category (p. 77).

There are a few species that in my opinion haven't been given silhouette 0 but should.

1 hour ago, SavageBob said:

I agree with Happy, although I don't dislike the RAW on this. Jawas are even specifically called out as silhouette 0 in the F&D Core Rulebook: "Silhouette 0 is smaller than a human (such as a specific starship component, a Jawa, or an astromech droid)..." (p. 230).

Genesys maintains this understanding of silhouette 0, placing mid-sized dogs in that category (p. 77).

There are a few species that in my opinion haven't been given silhouette 0 but should.

Agreed. Especially in Allies and Adversaries (the same book) Ewoks are listed as silhouette 0 and are pretty much the same height as Jawas.

9 hours ago, LithiumBlossom said:

How are Range troopers handled? Are they Rivals or just minions? I got the impression they are a bit more independent than most other Shoretroopers.

Range Troopers are minions, as are Shoretroopers.

11 hours ago, Dreeghul said:

Range Troopers are minions, as are Shoretroopers.

The various Stormtroopers (excepting Deathtroopers) are hardly different enough to warrant separate entries.

5 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

The various Stormtroopers (excepting Deathtroopers) are hardly different enough to warrant separate entries.

On the other hand by giving us examples you can now create what ever specialized troopers you want by following the pattern.

a two-page layout detailing how to create stormtroopers and different type stormtroopers could be nice. Actually, the same goes for Inquisitors and even Bounty hunters.

3 minutes ago, Rithuan said:

a two-page layout detailing how to create stormtroopers and different type stormtroopers could be nice. Actually, the same goes for Inquisitors and even Bounty hunters.

You looking for more advanced Inquisitor creation rules than in the F&D CRB?

Wouldn’t mind having some guidance for other types like Bounty Hunters, although I do enjoy brewing up my own stuff to supplement the books.

2 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

You looking for more advanced Inquisitor creation rules than in the F&D CRB?

Wouldn’t mind having some guidance for other types like Bounty Hunters, although I do enjoy brewing up my own stuff to supplement the books.

Yes, indeed. I like what it's available in FaD corebook, but I'm looking for a more organized layout and NPC examples.