Showcase: BTL-B Y-Wing

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Let's try this again!
----------------------------------------------
I'm really liking this ship!

swz48_ship-art.png

I am so ready for the BTL-B Y-Wing ! Here's two from the Alien Luxury Miniatures shop on Shapeways:

QDyHG0O.jpg

Looks like the scale is going to be different between ALM and FFG once again (and still that ALM scale feels better to me...)

And I thought the Kimogila was ugly. 🤐 I hope it at least gets some fun mechanics.

mWAHU39.jpg

2 hours ago, JanjyGiggins said:

Wonderful lines! Love the red one, at the other Rep ships tones.

By the way, did you paint the engines? I find the Y-wing engines specially frustrating to paint.

Edited by Minaith
9 hours ago, Minaith said:

By the way, did you paint the engines? I find the Y-wing engines specially frustrating to paint.

Not on these - looks to me like they're already painted, and neater than I'd manage. I did on my Rebel ones.

DSCN2757.JPG

R2 almost-stealing an Y-Wing and carrying 3P0 in the cockpit is priceless. Unhappy with the engines. R2 was better, but at table distance I didn't see a thing so turned back to a simplier version.

More pics here .

Edited by Minaith
On 4/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, ZealuxMyr said:

I am so ready for the BTL-B Y-Wing ! Here's two from the Alien Luxury Miniatures shop on Shapeways:

QDyHG0O.jpg

Looks like the scale is going to be different between ALM and FFG once again (and still that ALM scale feels better to me...)

These look great; having seen/held the FFG figure on Sunday, I held it up against my Shapeways figure. Definitely more paneling detail on the FFG fig, and a slight difference in distance between the cockpit and astromech socket, bot overall the scale is similar; WITH the exception that the engine nacelles are a good cm longer at the back on the FFG model.

I don't fly Republic yet, but I'm definitely picking one up to repaint for Kavil.

oTQrmvq.jpg

sj8OpUa.jpg

1yAlGA6.jpg

Anakin Y-Wing

22 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Very nice