Imperial Trooper List (Community update)

By Jaric256, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Seems like the key to this list is using squad swarm and strength in numbers to pull off death trooper shenanigans. I thought about including Blaise, but Thrawn is just too awesome to leave out.

Deployments:
Kayn Somos [6]
Sentry Droid [Elite] [9]
Captain Terro [7]
Thrawn [6]
2x Death Trooper [Elite] [8]
Death Trooper [3]
Advanced Com Systems [1]
Commands:
Covering Fire [3]
Rally the Troops [3]
Cavalry Charge [2]
Squad Swarm [2]
Call the Vanguard [2]
Concentrated Fire [1]
Strength in Numbers [1]
Negation [1]
Ready Weapons [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Planning [0]
Take Initiative [0]
Officers Training [0]
Foresee [0]
Celebration [0]

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Kayn Somos card's cost is 10, not 6

19 hours ago, Randomiz3 said:

Kayn Somos card's cost is 10, not 6

http://ia-continuityproject.com/

The short version is that since FFG is no longer going to be releasing new content, the community has taken it upon itself to start making their own updates.

However, are they changing values like that? I don't believe that is correct, since the cost of Kayn Somos (from 10 to 6) is quite big! Is that official now?

On 4/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, Jaric256 said:

Seems like the key to this list is using squad swarm and strength in numbers to pull off death trooper shenanigans. I thought about including Blaise, but Thrawn is just too awesome to leave out.

Deployments:
Kayn Somos [6]
Sentry Droid [Elite] [9]
Captain Terro [7]
Thrawn [6]
2x Death Trooper [Elite] [8]
Death Trooper [3]
Advanced Com Systems [1]
Commands:
Covering Fire [3]
Rally the Troops [3]
Cavalry Charge [2]
Squad Swarm [2]
Call the Vanguard [2]
Concentrated Fire [1]
Strength in Numbers [1]
Negation [1]
Ready Weapons [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Planning [0]
Take Initiative [0]
Officers Training [0]
Foresee [0]
Celebration [0]

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

This looks fun! My only nitpick is Squad Swarm, which only can be used for the Death Troopers now... and they don't exactly give you a lot of attack power with their 1-figure groups. I'll be interested to see if you get consistent value from it. If not, I think Prepared For Battle would have a lot of value with Kayn, Thrawn and Terro.

17 minutes ago, Randomiz3 said:

However, are they changing values like that? I don't believe that is correct, since the cost of Kayn Somos (from 10 to 6) is quite big! Is that official now?

It's not official, either with FFG (who produces the game) or IACP (the community-led project that suggested Kayn's drop in cost). Right now, IACP is suggesting making Kayn 6 points to see if he is playable without any further tweaks to his card.

In July 2019, IACP will be asking the community to vote on this change to make it "official" when players choose to use the IACP Ruleset in conjunction with the standard IA Skirmish rules. If the community doesn't vote this Kayn change in, we may offer a new fixed Kayn for testing that better fits what the community expects from him.

Check out the IACP website for more info, and if you have any other IACP questions, let me know.

2 hours ago, cnemmick said:

This looks fun! My only nitpick is Squad Swarm, which only can be used for the Death Troopers now... and they don't exactly give you a lot of attack power with their 1-figure groups. I'll be interested to see if you get consistent value from it. If not, I think Prepared For Battle would have a lot of value with Kayn, Thrawn and Terro.

That actually was specifically why I brought it, because it allows you to chain 4 activations in a row.

Which is super awesome and fun.