Save game availability

By edodev, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I was wondering how the app manages saved games. Will they be stored locally per device or will they be user-bound through some kind of cloud system? I plan on running it on my PC from home, but will also want to play on other locations with the same group. Is that possible or do we need to use the same device for a specific saved game?

1 hour ago, edodev said:

I was wondering how the app manages saved games. Will they be stored locally per device or will they be user-bound through some kind of cloud system? I plan on running it on my PC from home, but will also want to play on other locations with the same group. Is that possible or do we need to use the same device for a specific saved game?

I'm afraid that everything seems to be stored locally, as MoM did.

There are no accounts or any kind of login at the moment, what makes me wonder.... is this going to be the case, again, of purchased DLC not shared between platforms? Everything points to it..... just hope they implement something in the future for this issue :S

Assuming this app works the same way IA does, then Steam should store cloud-based save files; but it's more of a back up. When you open the app it does a comparison of the local and cloud files, and asks you if you'd like to overwrite if they're different. I've moved save files between my laptop and desktop this way (again, this was for Imperial Assault so this one could be different).

I think the bummer here is not sharing dlc between phone and steam. Unless there's a way to do that on Android I'm unaware of.

A cloud system would be ideal to share between devices.