Who’s Left?

By GuillotineTE, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Now that IA has basically been announced to be finished, I’ve noticed people abandoning ship and dropping like flies left and right. I’m sad to see you go. May the Force be with you, always.

Who remains? Who has chosen to stand and fight for what we love? For those loyal players, this is no time to sit idly by as we watch our game burn. Sound off if you have chosen to continue your support of Imperial Assault, the game we know inside and out and love dearly.

I’m sure there are some of you who don’t like the sequels, so excuse my analogy. We are the Resistance! We can and will continue Imperial Assault for years to come. Like FFG said when they “unofficially” killed our game, there IS a wealth of content, and we can use that content to continue the adventure.

I love this game, guys, and I’m not ready to give it up.

I stand, I'll play for a lot of years, I don't mind if they don't release more expansions, Imperial Assault is a good game and if you like it you can play it everytimes you want.

You still have a playable game and, for now, a working app, plenty of content and you can even use the material for other games like RPGs.

So why I bother to listen to those that scream and shout or announce a boycot of whatever? I cannot tell you how I little I care :D

I've not played much skirmish, and I'm not a fan of the app. But my friends and I have enjoyed the game since it's launch and we will likely continue playing and replaying the campaigns. It's sad if we don't get any more content, but that's not going to invalidate what I have on my shelf.

Played all the campaigns and plan to replay it

My partner and I just picked up all the remaining Imperial Assault expansions we don’t have and wanted. There’s a few that we aren’t fussed about (General Weiss, Bantha, Greedo), but we have everything we need to carry on playing for years; and that’s what we intend to do. We haven’t played many of the later campaigns (pretty much Jabba’s Realm onwards) because we haven’t had time, even though we bought them. So there’s plenty left for us!

Plus I think Imperial Assault gives a nice system to use for campaigns I have planned (X-Wing/Imperial Assault combined thing). I’d just need to pick up a few Clone Wars things from Legion and I plan on running a campaign from just before the Invasion of Naboo to Jakku!

1 hour ago, GuillotineTE said:

Now that IA has basically been announced to be finished,

I would say it's "complete" as of currently. Until FFG announces that there are no more reprints, the game is not dead.

Heck, we play BSG every week and there won't be any reprints coming, so it's perfectly alive for us.

Depends on the playgroup. Right now, it's small enough to die if anyone leaves or if the organizer doesn't want to anymore (ofcusing on still "living" games instead). Until such times though, I'll stick in. It's too much fun.

I'm always more of a campaign player (regular IA, not the LotA app) than a skirmish one, and I never play in competitive tournaments only casual games at home or local boardgame store, so I'll always be here

The pros? we can have our own little meta, the SC card itself was basically perma-banned ever since Tyrants of Lothal dropped, of course people are still free to choose figures like Zeb or Sabine, except they don't get the SC skirmish upgrade bonus

The cons? I'll never win those translucent dice or be selling those alt-art cards on Ebay, and you'll rarely ever see many campaign players being as vocal in online communities as tournament-goers. For example, I've noticed our skirmish games frequently run to Round 4 or Round 5: time limit isn't a thing which means I can afford to tweak the power curve or ban any cards that we like. If everyone wants a fast game nothing's off the table, but most of the time I've found the sweet spot to be just before Wave 8 (excluding Wave 8 figures), so you might have eISBs shooting Leia or eHeavies battling Obi-Wan or eStormies shooting at Wookiee warriors

Campaign player, and plan to keep playing and may do some skirmish games, with friends. Still will visit the forums for rules questions and what not.

Still will work on the Hero Tracker Campaign app. just a few more character illustrations to come.

sneak peak of Saska Teft

csvj27lTl18Q0It4qMN27lHgm5TIqmqBHZuSBdUz

Sadly when Legion was announced and released, IA was played less and less where i am until it died - due to circumstances i have not played for over a year - . For the past few weeks ive been sorting out and making sure everything is complete before i ebay mine this weekend

Still playing campaign. Our group hasn't played ToL yet so we'll at least play that. I'd like to think we might redo some of the older ones and/or string together a custom campaign using the (many) missions we've not played yet. Depends what the group want to do.

Might play skirmish with one of the guys in the group if they want some friendly games. Can't imagine there will be any more tournaments at the FLGS though, and if they do I'll only take part if they ban SC.

At this moment in time, not very inclined to do much more on the Tools Suite, but the urge to work on it comes and goes anyway, so it could yet come back. I very much want to make a Mission Editor (first and foremost), because that's the only thing stopping the community from easily making infinite content for this game; a Campaign Tracker and Dice/Stats app would also be useful. I'd like to think I might get around to it at some point, but if not, I've still done my bit.

I will play this game for the upcoming 10 years or more, I suppose. Even if nothing new is given to us. But it is not the case, as:

1. there will be new app content

2. Descent case show us, that we can have small box expansion even few years in the future

All that will be dead is skirmish. And maybe it will be alive due to IACP

Just now, Jarema said:

I will play this game (campaign and app) for the upcoming 10 years or more, I suppose. Even if nothing new is given to us. But it is not the case, as:

1. there will be new app content

2. Descent case show us, that we can have small box expansion even few years in the future

All that will be dead is skirmish. And maybe it will be alive due to IACP

I once bought a chess game. Mind you not a single expansion was never released and I still play it from time to time. So yeah IA is still alive at home!!! It actualy going to hit the table no later than this Friday as my friends are coming over to keep our custom campaign moving on!!!

Still here, but, less excited about the future now. New updates on IA was something we all looked forward to.

I invested a lot of time into creating Campaign backstories for each hero, to which ill always be happy I took the time to do. (Now i'm out of a hobby with no new plastics/campaign updates coming)

Ill still be floating around from time to time reading comments. I never plan to sell my copy of IA and am happy to own such a fun a replayable game.

Still a fan of FFG but dissapointed in their terrible community outreach.

On a side note: I'm starting to get pretty interested in the New FFG Lord of the Rings game (As I prefer LOTR's fantasy to Starwars' Scifi) it looks a lot like IA without the dice.

I also make variants for other FFG games sometimes when i'm bored:

Edited by King_Balrog

I plan to stick with IA for a long time. I don’t intend to ever sell it. I still have quite a few minis to paint (more than half still need to be painted), so that will keep me occupied for awhile.

I plan to introduce more people to the campaign down the road, I just don’t have a house of my own yet and traveling around with all of the stuff is difficult.

I am saddened that this is looking like the end of the game, but I have all of the product that has been released and am happy with what I have. I still haven’t even played the HotE campaign yet, so I have that to look forward to!

Yeah, love this game. I’m not going to complain if the developers are moving on to other projects; they gave me plenty.

Like @King_Balrog though, I am picking up LotR: Journeys in Middle-earth. A buddy of mine hates the white die, so this might be a step up for him.

IA is a great game, no need to consign it to history.

Monopoly dosnt see fresh stuff released...but its still a popular game, people dont have to abandon it.

My group is just about to finish the core campaign, and I've painted less than half the available figures. I think I'll still be playing for years.

10 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

Now that IA has basically been announced to be finished, I’ve noticed people abandoning ship and dropping like flies left and right. I’m sad to see you go. May the Force be with you, always.

Who remains? Who has chosen to stand and fight for what we love? For those loyal players, this is no time to sit idly by as we watch our game burn. Sound off if you have chosen to continue your support of Imperial Assault, the game we know inside and out and love dearly.

I’m sure there are some of you who don’t like the sequels, so excuse my analogy. We are the Resistance! We can and will continue Imperial Assault for years to come. Like FFG said when they “unofficially” killed our game, there IS a wealth of content, and we can use that content to continue the adventure.

I love this game, guys, and I’m not ready to give it up.

I have no reason to give it up. The app will continue to get support. I will keep an eye on the skirmish project. I'll continue to play. There are plenty of board games, like Doom for example, that never get expansions or upgrades, or new pieces, that is still fun to play. I'm actually thinking about doing something I've wanted to do, which is adapt the IA fiddly bits to a new set of rules. Dice damage icons, but no surges or accuracy, which would make for faster play.

1 hour ago, VAYASAN said:

IA is a great game, no need to consign it to history.

Monopoly dosnt see fresh stuff released...but its still a popular game, people dont have to abandon it.

I've been making that point for years. I'll give you a better example. Risk, or Axis and Allies. These are beloved games, yet there isn't a stream of new pieces all the time.

I've moved from mostly campaign to mostly skirmish, and even that has been almost all games on Vassal for the last year or so. As disappointing as the news is, if the IACP really takes off I'll probably end up actually getting to play online more than I do now (or at least with/against more varied lists).

I'm still here, and I'm prepared to stay until the lights are turned off. I've collected enough IA-stuff and am still doing so to be able host a few skirmish games simultaneously with my collection alone, and I will continue to do so.

I am about to start another Hoth campaign, and have begun to paint my collection. I think we are going to have two campaigns running at my work as we had so many people interested after our first run through of the Core campaign. I still run one with my family as well, so I’ll be very busy. Only thing I need to pick up is Heart of the Empire. And maybe a blister pack or two :)

I do feel bad for the Skirmish folks. FFG asked so much of them and ultimately gave them so little in return.