Epic ewoks?

By TIE wing, in Star Wars: Destiny

From the spark of the rebellion, can you have a full out Ewok deck, somehow never loosing as you have a Chief Chirpa's hut to keep on spawning ewoks and equip them with redeploying weapons so the weapons cycle around? Isn't that too over powered?

Here's the preview cards from Spark of Hope, just so we all know:

11105.jpg

11095.jpg

So it costs 1 resources to add the ewok to your team, and another 3 resources to avoid discarding the hut. I suppose if you wanted to invest 4 resources, you could do this every round, but it's still only a 4 health character added to your team every round. Against any decent aggro or ramp deck, the ewoks will die just as quickly as they're added, especially if you're spending all your money adding them instead of spending it on things like removal and killing the enemy characters.

That ewok will not be a character, it will be as a support. The card says "Set aside a ewok warrior" instead of "add to your team"

3 minutes ago, NachoAS said:

That ewok will not be a character, it will be as a support. The card says "Set aside a ewok warrior" instead of "add to your team"

It does say add a set aside Ewok to your team

Separatist Landing Craft

They have different wording

1 hour ago, Fromper said:

11105.jpg

Says "Add a set-aside Ewok Warrior (95) to your team."

Edited by TIE wing

The Ewok Warrior card says "After you activate this character".

I guess that means the card is a character, or ??

it is a character as its subtype is character

1 hour ago, Lindgaard said:

The Ewok Warrior card says "After you activate this character".

I guess that means the card is a character, or ??

And it has health. Supports don't have that

FFG explained that the Ewok Warrior card is a diceless character in their announcement post for Spark of Hope . And the card specifically says "Character - Ewok" for its type and subtype. Character is the type, Ewok is the subtype.

So yes, if they don't wipe out your deck and all your ewoks at once, you could infinitely keep recurring ewoks. Just make sure you bring enough "set aside" ewoks to be able to do this if you want to have 20+ in play at a time.

~D

Why do i feel like i saw the ewok card before the announcement of the set?

My rules question about Chirpa's Hut would be whether it can continue to add new Ewok Warriors if all the unique ewoks on your team are already dead. The warriors say that can't be added to your team without a unique ewok, but does that just apply to team building during the setup phase, or also to those added by the hut? If it doesn't apply to those added later, then you could use the hut even in a non-ewok deck, and add some ewoks on the fly. I'm hoping FFG clarifies that early.

We were talking at my local store today, and someone came up with an interesting deck combo: Plo Koon + Chief Chirpa + 3 Ewok Warriors (2 at 4 points each + 1 extra Ewok Warrior provided by Chirpa). It's 5 wide, 29 health, and 2 colors, but only 2 character dice.

So not only do the warriors do 1 indirect damage as soon as you activate them, but Plo Koon copies that ability to do 3 more indirect the first time you activate him. So right from the first round, you're doing 6 indirect damage just by activating your characters, regardless of how your dice roll. I'd say the key is probably just finding lots of defense to stay alive long enough to keep doing that over and over.

It's too bad Target Acquired is red, so it can't be used in such a deck. I would expect to see that downgrade in red/yellow ewok decks, just like I expect anyone making a new gungan deck to use it today.

“Include” is a term that is only used for deck building. I’m pretty certain the Hut will allow you to bring an Ewok into play without requiring a unique Ewok.

The downside of going too wide with your deck is that there are a lot of damage sources in the game these days that hit ALL of the opponent's characters at once. Leia/Boushh, Fear and Dead Men (especially on Vader), Defoliator Tank, etc will all rip these ewok decks to shreds.

As much as I'm actually excited to finally get ewoks in the game, I'm not expecting a large group of ewok warriors to actually be viable in tournament play. I'm more curious as to what other unique ewoks they'll introduce. They've shown us Chirpa, and I'd bet they'll include Wicket, but I'm hoping we also get Logray, Paploo, and Teebo. I also keep saying (somewhat seriously) that I really hope C-3PO's card name is something along the lines of "ewok god", so they have an excuse to give him both the droid and ewok sub-types.

11 hours ago, Fromper said:

The downside of going too wide with your deck is that there are a lot of damage sources in the game these days that hit ALL of the opponent's characters at once. Leia/Boushh, Fear and Dead Men (especially on Vader), Defoliator Tank, etc will all rip these ewok decks to shreds.

As much as I'm actually excited to finally get ewoks in the game, I'm not expecting a large group of ewok warriors to actually be viable in tournament play. I'm more curious as to what other unique ewoks they'll introduce. They've shown us Chirpa, and I'd bet they'll include Wicket, but I'm hoping we also get Logray, Paploo, and Teebo. I also keep saying (somewhat seriously) that I really hope C-3PO's card name is something along the lines of "ewok god", so they have an excuse to give him both the droid and ewok sub-types.

Your last comment on 3-po might not happen. For one, it looks like the sequel 3-PO. On another note, he isn't actually an ewok. He just has a relationship with them. If they were basing it on that, Chirrut Imwe should be a jedi

Yeah, I don't actually expect it. Just speculating, not entirely seriously.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:55 PM, HoodieDM said:

So yes, if they don't wipe out your deck and all your ewoks at once, you could infinitely keep recurring ewoks. Just make sure you bring enough "set aside" ewoks to be able to do this if you want to have 20+ in play at a time.

~D

i do liike that its works