Dragon clan newbie introduction

By Matrim, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Hilarious captions and informative!

Thank you!

I think saying that Yokuni is actually Togashi is making assumptions that aren't supported yet. It was true in the old canon, but in the old canon all twelve of the black scrolls were still sealed at this point, for example..

Always the critics. I don't think I said he 'is actually' either - but let's add a Scalzi quote as that is often appropriate and he is far more amusing (and better punctuated/spelled correctly...) than I can ever be.

' This one’s a stand-in for all the complaints about the entry that come primarily either from not reading the entry, or not reading what was actually written in the entry in preference to a version of the entry that exists solely in that one person’s head, and which is not the entry I wrote. Please, gentlemen, read what is there, not what you think is there, or what you believe must be there because you know you already disagree with what I have to say, no matter what it is I am saying.

Though that section is (I believe) fairly supported in FFG canon. Have you read the FFG RPG books which are also 'canon'?

I suppose you could argue that perhaps the Dragon have a bucket of Togashi's blood to mark the tatttoos of current day monks which would certainly support your argument. Using the live clan champions blood who contains the soul of would tend to support mine though. So on balance I stand by that statement but thank you for your input anyway.

Hey, the article as a whole is great, as are the two before it. However,

" His body contains the soul of the Kami Togashi so technically has been alive for a thousand years or so."

Sounds pretty like 'actually is' to me :) .

The idea that the ink contains Togashi's blood, as stated in the RPG, implies some things, but I don't think it gives enough evidence to say that Yokuni is Togashi. Other options include

• the tattooist Gaijutsu, to be the one who's actually Togashi (he's said to be the only one who knows what every tattoo does and always gives the initiate just the right tattoo).
  • Togashi visits occasionally to donate blood, but spends much of his time elsewhere (dunno where).
  • before he died, Togashi told his successor to drain some of his blood into a bucket, which became a nemuranai and refills each year on the day of Togashi's death

Well I will have to respectfully disagree. Fortunately I have no need to change it.

Since Matrim is too polite to say it......

Back the Fu Leng off ya Fu Lengin haters.

The only reasonable complaint is there wasn't any Shadowlands

Edited by Ishi Tonu