Funny game

By maamets, in Chaos Marauders

I bought this several weeks ago but had my first game only couple of days back. There have been some threads in this forum where people are wondering if to buy or not to buy so I wanted to give my thoughts here:

You can not play this game with the goal to win in mind as you will most of the time be disappointed as whatever strategy you have or had does not really matter as the game is entierly luck based. So if you can put this aside and concentrate on "having fun" aspect of the game then this game is a blast - it's very chaotic exactly as I expected an orkish army to be:).

Our first game lasted 1.5 hours and most of the time we spent on consulting the card reference booklet. The booklet is good and even must to read as the special card effects have too many side effects and exceptions which you need to follow.

So as a conclusion I say that this is a very fun game if you concentrate only on the fun aspect of the game and just follow what weird/funny situations can happen on the table (battlelines). The only gripe I have is that on first games you will be consulting the card reference booklet too many times which slows down the game.

I still recommend it!

I had a go at it, and just decided to get it as well. I still prefer the classic version from the 80's, but i have to say this edition makes for a great, fun game.

This game rock!!!!!!

Very skeptic at the beginning, rather enthusiastic after the first games: it's not a *great* game, but it's a game of *great* fun. Chaotic, incontrollable, with cool illustrations and a good rythm and a big plus: it's very short. A good "end of a gaming night" shot, or something good and quick for when you don't have time.

Julia said:

Very skeptic at the beginning, rather enthusiastic after the first games: it's not a *great* game, but it's a game of *great* fun. Chaotic, incontrollable, with cool illustrations and a good rythm and a big plus: it's very short. A good "end of a gaming night" shot, or something good and quick for when you don't have time.

the hell julia.. do you own every fantasy flight game i buy?!

bought this game as a filler while waiting for other players for bigger games, works fine when they're almost an hour late.. :)

Taurmindo said:

the hell julia.. do you own every fantasy flight game i buy?!

::laughter:: probably we have very similar taste.

But anyway, yeah, it's a great filler. When others are late, or when the big game's over and some friends have already left. A kind of last call

I think this game has a great " Spirit of the game" vibe about it, to win or lose means little.Great game to play with those who aren't too interested in card games in general, short and sweet. The art style is great, its different from the 80's version, and neither better or worse I think.