On Sale at Celebration!

By DailyRich, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

FFG posted that there would be some copies on sale at Celebration in Chicago. Either they rushed some copies to have them available for sale, or we're closer to the release than we thought.

For clarification they are NOT for sale at FFG's booth but are for sale at booth 1733 Chicagoland Games

Curious why they would sell them at the Chicagoland Games  booth? That seems strange.

Any idea on a release date for the game? I'm eager to get my pre-order!

I’ve seen a couple copies come and go from eBay already, but it’s too much for me. (One sold for $400!)

Anyone here buy one or try it out at Celebration? If so, what do you think of the game?

11 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I’ve seen a couple copies come and go from eBay already, but it’s too much for me. (One sold for $400!)

This surprises nobody. Hopefully those people used that money to offset their expenses going to Celebration. But I'm sure they're just locals taking advantage of the situation. Given the opportunity, most of us would.

#FFGFail

Had a buddy of mine pick up the game from Celebration for $72. Apparently, retail release is end of next month. I've gotten a few games in and once you have the flow down, it's a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Had a buddy of mine pick up the game from Celebration for $72. Apparently, retail release is end of next month. I've gotten a few games in and once you have the flow down, it's a lot of fun.

Curious the source for retail release? None of my local stores had any date listed yet. I mean, I agree and I would guess next month also. Just curious if any source.

However, I have greatly enjoyed the game. I've played one solo, two duos, and two four-mans (not counting the demo at Celebration) and have had a blast every time! So many good stories!

I originally had that date from an Amazon listing I can't seem to pull up anymore and that date was mentioned by the dealer my friend bought the game from. Granted, they could have just been going by the date mentioned by Amazon simply out of convenience.

I have been told by my local store that it will be in store on May 16...can’t wait 😁

On 4/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, MercurioKnight said:

Curious why they would sell them at the Chicagoland Games  booth? That seems strange.

Any idea on a release date for the game? I'm eager to get my pre-order!

The deal they have with Hasbro to sell Star Wars boardgames prevents from FFG selling it directly.

For anyone that bought it early: what are the sleeve requirements on the box? They still haven't updated the product page to show that.

6 hours ago, eliw00d said:

For anyone that bought it early: what are the sleeve requirements on the box? They still haven't updated the product page to show that.

That'll be 5 of the FFG green ones, standard American I reckon, saw that on here yesterday.

Perfect, thanks!