By RedSquadBW, in X-Wing Rules Questions

We bicker cuz we care! 😁 πŸ‘

On 11/28/2020 at 8:50 AM, JBFancourt said:

We bicker cuz we care! 😁 πŸ‘

and also to avoid face to face arguments during events πŸ˜†

1 hour ago, Lyianx said:

and also to avoid face to face arguments during events πŸ˜†

This! πŸ‘† πŸ‘† πŸ‘†

Here’s by far the best time and place for the tiniest little thing β€” not at a store when the more important things are fun and friends.

oh no, did i miss the victory lap?

17 minutes ago, Maui. said:

oh no, did i miss the victory lap?

That would mean gloating, which would suggest that the discussion was a contest or a competition, instead of a discussion on making sure the rules are understood.

I’ll be honest... I gloated

... but hopefully in a brotherly way πŸ˜‰

I chose not to get involved in this argument and hoped we would get a clarification. I believe where the confusion originated was over this line from the rules reference:

"A ship cannot attack a ship at range 0, even if the attack range would be range 1."

It was always my interpretation of this line to disallow an attack against a ship that was bumped in such a way from the side that was not flush base to base and the firing arc went across the corner of the opponents ship. To clarify the opponent would be barely bumped with a corner near the front of a ship and in the firing arc with a gap between them near the front. No base contact on the front and in arc, but touching the side. That was always the way I read it anyway. I’m just glad it was cleared up so we don’t have any arguments, when we can run a tournament again anyway.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:04 PM, Vykk Draygo said:

I chose not to get involved in this argument and hoped we would get a clarification. I believe where the confusion originated was over this line from the rules reference:

"A ship cannot attack a ship at range 0, even if the attack range would be range 1."

It was always my interpretation of this line to disallow an attack against a ship that was bumped in such a way from the side that was not flush base to base and the firing arc went across the corner of the opponents ship. To clarify the opponent would be barely bumped with a corner near the front of a ship and in the firing arc with a gap between them near the front. No base contact on the front and in arc, but touching the side. That was always the way I read it anyway. I’m just glad it was cleared up so we don’t have any arguments, when we can run a tournament again anyway.

That was exactly what the rule addition that triggered this was in response to.