will the app generate different terrain based on location?

By woodland_elf_504, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

will the app generate different terrain based on location in middle earth? it wouldn't make sense to playing a scenario in Mordor only to be venturing through lush woodland and flowing streams.

this mainly applies to future expansions considering that most of the core set takes place in the same region

29 minutes ago, woodland_elf_504 said:

will the app generate different terrain based on location in middle earth? it wouldn't make sense to playing a scenario in Mordor only to be venturing through lush woodland and flowing streams.

this mainly applies to future expansions considering that most of the core set takes place in the same region

It certainly seems to be the case. Remember the tiles in the core set are two-sided, some feature caves, others lush woodlands, and some have towns and ancient ruins. Since the adventures in the core set (and it looks like, the first expansion) are limited to Eriador, it makes sense that the tiles reflect the environs of that region.

So, in the future, if the game allows you to travel, to say, Harad, for example, FFG would certainly provide new tiles that reflect desert landscapes.

58 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

It certainly seems to be the case. Remember the tiles in the core set are two-sided, some feature caves, others lush woodlands, and some have towns and ancient ruins. Since the adventures in the core set (and it looks like, the first expansion) are limited to Eriador, it makes sense that the tiles reflect the environs of that region.

So, in the future, if the game allows you to travel, to say, Harad, for example, FFG would certainly provide new tiles that reflect desert landscapes.

I wasn't aware of the double sided tiles showing different terrain based on location.

You have me much more excited about the game there 😃

3 minutes ago, Shirys said:

I wasn't aware of the double sided tiles showing different terrain based on location.

You have me much more excited about the game there 😃

Yeah! You can see it in some of the unboxing vids online. I fully trust FFG to properly address such lore and immersion questions with this game, since they do that so well in reflecting cultures, landscapes, etc., across Middle-earth in the LOTR LCG.

Seems like the possibilities for expansions are very rich, considering the vast variety of different terrains they could come out with.