Seattle Eastside

By Clamatius, in Warhammer Invasion Community

I'm planning on dragging some WH:I players to the Uncles Games in the town centre of Redmond, WA this Friday night.

Here's the address:

Redmond Town Center
16507 NE 74th St., Redmond, WA
(425) 497-9180

If you're in the Seattle area, please feel free to show up. It's fine if you're a beginner or don't know how to play - the more the merrier.

The store is open till midnight.

How did this event go? Are there plans for another?

Sad...just left town! :) I will keep an eye out if I am back though!

I'll be there tomorrow night, most likely between 8pm and 9pm. I'm expecting a few friends to show up too. I have a whole bunch of decks made up (with proxies galore) so if you don't have decks of your own don't worry about it.

I'll be there. I have a deck made up, but I only have the base set, and the Skavenblight Threat, so it's pretty basic.

nebula: thanks for coming out, it was fun! Next time I'll hopefully have my order of another core set & some BPs in so I can match your card supply. I'm hoping that some of the people I'm teaching will also start playing... we shall see, I guess.

I'll be at the Uncles in Redmond tomorrow night as usual.

This is great!

I'd love to make it out. When's the next gathering?

I'll be there next Friday. I have a bunch of constructed decks and a spare core set for people who would rather play "sealed deck" (well, WH:I's equivalent). There have been somewhere between 3-6 people playing each week so far - I'm hoping to get more.

Forgot to post here earlier in the week, but I guess better late than never. I'll be there tonight as usual.

I'll be there tomorrow. I have a few Single Set decks and a spare Core Set for drafting, teaching or playing vs. people who don't have many cards.

Hey

Saw your post and decided to swing on in, but found no one was around and the shop hostess mentioned that none had stopped by. It was around 9:30 pm.

Let me know when you will be swinging by again. I would love to come and learn how to play the game better.

I picked up the game out of a discount bin on my work travels and gave it a try. I would love to see the expansions and how others play and learn more then what the rule book teaches you... (for example, does it cost any resources to play a development facedown? Can they ever be turned face up without a card effect? Is the game pretty much over once you lose one of your three provinces?)

Hope to meet you soon good sir and play a few rounds.

She was wrong.

I was running late because my wife was sick and didn't get there till 9pm. None of my usual players were there so I was playing Dominion in the back.

I did actually talk to the guy who runs the place and he mentioned that a couple of people had already called to see if I was there (which I wasn't at that point).

All a bit of a fiasco, alas. Better luck next week.

SixStringSamurai said:

for example, does it cost any resources to play a development facedown? Can they ever be turned face up without a card effect? Is the game pretty much over once you lose one of your three provinces?

In order: no, no and no. And they are not provinces, they are zones. I have won many games with 1 hp left on a heavily developed zone and another burning.

I'll be there tonight, although probably not till 9pm or so.

Hey

I work in the fireworks industry, so right now my time is a little...well...taken up by things that go boom.

I'll probably sneak back in there sometime after the season, but keep posting here and letting me know when you stop in! I might be able to make the next friday, but I am not yet sure. We shall see.

I'll be out for the next few weeks as I'll be on vacation. I'll post here when I'm back on the West Coast.

So, anyone playing this weekend?

Not I, I'll wait for the main guy to get back into town ;p

I'm back again. I'll be playing on Friday at the Uncles in Redmond but I'll most likely be late, circa 9:30pm.

Edit: or not, it's looking like I might not be able to make it. We shall see.

If you're coming, I'll be there to play too. Just respond so I know whether to come.

It's looking more like I may be able to make it but my friend who often comes won't due to work pressure. If you want to know for sure, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my cell #.

Thanks for coming out!

If you're interested in the decks that I had, most are up on deckbox right now under the username ClamatiusSingleSet: follow this link and the decks are in a list on the left hand side..

I'm not going to post here any more unless I'm not going to make it.

I'll be there tonight as usual.

I've had a bunch of people come out for 1 or 2 weeks and then give up because it's just me and my team of me. It would be good if we could get a critical mass together - ideally enough for a league or something - but that's not going to happen at this rate unless people stick with it. preocupado.gif

Would somewhere more central (say, Bellevue) work better for other people?

One of my usual victims has succumbed to overwork the last couple of months (**** game developers and their deathmarches!) but hopefully will be back in action soon.