Red Castle's gallery (updated 06/08/20 Iden and Dio)

By Red Castle, in Painting

On 9/14/2019 at 4:19 AM, Red Castle said:

Finally finished my Shoretroopers squad. They took longer than expected, but I'm happy with the result.

K3oZkv4.jpg

Hc5kMF5.jpg

They look great! May I ask, what colours you used?

6 hours ago, RedAnya said:

They look great! May I ask, what colours you used?

Thanks!

For the colors, here's what I used, on a Corax White primer:

Armor: GW Ushabti bone, shade with GW Agrax Earthshade, then layers of GW Screaming Skull, then mix with Reapers Linen White to highlight

Pants: Reapers Woodstrain Brown, shade with GW Agrax Earthshade, highlight with Reapers Shield Brown then mix with Reapers Driftwood Brown

Blue strips: GW Lothern Blue, shade with watered down Reapers Ultramarine Blue, then highlight with GW Lothern Blue then mix with Reapers Ghost White

Let us prepare for the arrival of our Emperor!

ew87qSX.jpg

BVL5Mez.jpg

The Emperor has arrived!

H4JEnnX.jpg

ZbVChgx.jpg

TnoG43q.jpg

4uF7oy2.jpg

Q4fMzHF.jpg

Very nice!

Your shoretroopers are lovely! The minis are what made me jump in. I was planning on trying out contrast paints, but yours look almost exactly how I want mine to, do I’m reconsidering.

20 hours ago, Achinadav said:

Your shoretroopers are lovely! The minis are what made me jump in. I was planning on trying out contrast paints, but yours look almost exactly how I want mine to, do I’m reconsidering.

Thanks!

I have yet to try contrast paints, so I can’t say if they are worth it or not. From what I’ve seen from the net, they do seems to give decent results for the time you save!

Finally finished my Dewback riders! I decided to give them each a different color, to help differentiate them in game.

4sS9YoK.jpg

ZI7riIB.jpg

odzB1MH.jpg

lFf40zt.jpg

On 7/21/2019 at 9:21 PM, Red Castle said:

Downed AT-ST, Endor style!

qrdovY6.jpg

yI1ETbI.jpg

Nk6Rv50.jpg

qxQOfaK.jpg

Q3mNBKI.jpg

Awesome, where did you get the Equis from?

Your stuff looks great! Could you post some wide shots of your table, so we can see what it looks like in its entirety?

5 hours ago, jconway2002 said:

Your stuff looks great! Could you post some wide shots of your table, so we can see what it looks like in its entirety?

Everything is modular so I change the configuration every game, but here is some picks I took a while back. I still didn't have the downed AT-ST:

usZK6YI.jpg

hgAmLbB.jpg

xcVxDkq.jpg

9Cax7Fp.jpg

0NuVcjr.jpg

jsIgfrh.jpg

mMilJqr.jpg

Thanks! Looks awesome! Did you make or buy the bunker?

2 hours ago, jconway2002 said:

Thanks! Looks awesome! Did you make or buy the bunker?

Thank you! The bunker has been 3d printed by a friend of mine.

Great stuff. The table looks fantastic, as do the dew backs and the downed ATST.

Very nice! I love the Ewoks posing on the downed walker.

Your playground looks so amazing.

It definitely inspires me and push me to work on my own battlefield.

Superb gaming table...Love it!

Love the dewbacks! How did you do them? There's some really nice subtle colour variation.

Great work all round.

18 hours ago, Achinadav said:

Love the dewbacks! How did you do them? There's some really nice subtle colour variation.

Thanks!

Depends which one. But basically I first did a base coat over a white primer using multiple teint of green (and brown in the case of the second one) not letting them dry between each color so that they can blend together, I then did a wash using a mix of Athonian Camoshade and Agrax Earthshade (roughly in a 2:1 ratio), then drybrushed using multiple teint of green and brown, mostly improvising to taste and experimentation. The multiple colors give them a more natural look.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:37 PM, Red Castle said:

I decided to post some pictures of my Legion miniatures. I tried to take the best pictures I could, but I'm no professional!

Glory to the Empire!

First, the grunts:

IAOJXYL.jpg

M7dgTH6.jpg

zQC9ebl.jpg

tP6tQSv.jpg

Nice looking stormies. How they should look.

**** dude your entire lineup of minis and terrain are excellent looking and you have exercised some brilliant ideas in that terrain especially. Bravo!

Really great job on the painting! Hoe do you make so small outlines on the stormtroopers? What pensil do you use? I dont use expensive pensils because they surtainly wont survive more the the first 4 mini's.

Also where dus you het the ewoks from? They all look different.

Where did you get the stormtroopers behind the e-web from?

Love your painting, hope to be as good one day.