Do you know if FantasyFlightGames still answer questions about the game?

By pan82, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I have tried using this page to ask questions about the rules:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/

But after over a month I have gotten any answer.

I was wondering, have you tried it too and got any answer? If so, how long do the normally take to answer?

Thanks!

they used to answer, but it looks like a time ago, they do not :( anymore

I agree with Rugal. I don't think they are paying attention to this game anymore, despite potential new content being created.

The same can be said for the Quest Vault.

I simply believe that this game is far, far, far from a priority for FFG. Now, if it was called "Star Wars Descent ..." 🤣

EDIT: One would like to think that with the up coming release of Lost Legends, which is already generating questions with some of the text on the cards, they would be more available to answer questions, but I wouldn't hold my breath. My guess is, even after it is released, you still won't be able to get any questions answered even on that new content, let alone old, existing content. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it ...

Edited by any2cards

They have been great about giving rules clarifications as recently as last year.

3 hours ago, any2cards said:

The same can be said for the Quest Vault.

Now, if it was called "Star Wars Descent ..." 🤣

Yeah they gave up on the quest vault. Yeah it was a huge deal to about ten people. Considering the second sentence we really couldn't expect anything other than the first sentence.

Star Wars Descent, more commonly called imperial assault is also feeling the neglect and at least descent has avoided the price hikes....

Yeah, there is some doom and gloom going around the Imperial Assault forums, both the BGG forums and FFG community. Actually, those forums feel a lot like Descent’s did before Lost Legends.

I have seen some posts on there identifying the content that many posters feel would complete the game (analogous to the missing standard classes here). There was even a thread about whether or not the game is dead on BGG- it was a carbon copy of a handful of the longer threads on BGG discussing Descent’s future.

3 hours ago, Bucho said:

Yeah they gave up on the quest vault. Yeah it was a huge deal to about ten people.

I think you vastly under rate the interest in the Quest Vault ... especially if it ever was actually maintained and supported.

I personally know more than 3 dozen people who have used it, created quests with it, and wish it would be all that it could be.

I'm really happy this tool existed, without it, I wouldn't be able to create quest and campaigns. Too bad it was only a beta, tough

Is there any other board game with over 45.000 posts?

I think FFG should consider this.

Edited by kbalazsa
typo

On BBG ? Maybe.

Only here. BBG - I didn't checked or count.

If FFG wasn't bought back by Asmodée, I think things would be different. But Asmodée wants to make money and be a real threat to Hasbro, and by then, all that is not purely profitable is avoided.

I'm almost sure that "Lost legends" is a real big hard negocations with Asmodee to pleasure fans, using the excuse that it can boost selling on the app, the only next level of the game (to my biggest regrets).

A game is played, good. A big fan base is here, great. But does it makes money ? Maybe not, or not enough. Last expansions did not sell well (and I'm sure Asmodée if again for something, to "break in two" an expansion that should not) and the app sells many base game, so, why adding more stuff since there's already a source of money ? Maybe something like micro transaction could save the game.

The thing I'm surprised about is that I'm sure that campaigns books would sell really great. And some small expansions as well.

The only hope is that Lost Legends will sell so much that they will do more small stuff like that to expand the game. And I will be the one to do campaigns, since we are so few to do so :(

Edited by rugal

Yep, new campaigns would give some kick - could also worth some money to buy some Road to Legend campaigns - at least for me.

I would also go for make custom contents 'official' - test, develope-finalize - fix - print and ship - that could be a popular (means some money too) choice also.

making real stuff of fans work would mean to pay them, right, and it would be something difficult to operate.

not so sure that all would be like me : to be honest, I don't care being paid, as long as the game lives, I will willingly give my work for the community and so FFG can grab some money on it. As long as my name is mentionned somewhere, it's fine with me ;)

Edited by rugal

The only challenge for me is to find out how to print out these in proper quality.

Just now, kbalazsa said:

The only challenge for me is to find out how to print out these in proper quality.

theses ?

The custom contents - like the Dark Forest.

No I didn't - are they shipping to Hungary? I have to check :)

On 4/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, rugal said:

Maybe something like micro transaction could save the game.

A paid loot box or two? xD

New Overlord class: The "Exploiter"

1 XP: Early Access: At the start of your turn place this card in the overlord play area for the remainder of the encounter. Exhaust this card to arbitrarily change the wording of any rule or card to a version before any errata were introduced.

1 XP: "Micro"-Transaction: When searching a hero can pay 100 Gold. If he does, draw a search card. If he doesn't place the search token on his hero card to mock him for the remainder of the encounter until he pays 100 Gold to draw a search card.

2 XP: Road-Map: At the start of your turn, place this card in the overlord play area. Place one hero token on the card. The chosen hero may not use his hero ability, heroic ability or any of his learned skills. After 4 weeks in real time have passed remove this card.

3 XP: Season Pass: Place this card in the overlord play area for the remainder of the campaign. Choose a hero and place one of his hero tokens on this card. Unless the heroes pay 400 Gold, the targeted hero may not learn any new skills. If they pay the gold return this card to the game box.

Buy it now for the cheap price of 49,95 $.

Edited by DerDelphi

God, **** no, not more microtransactions. Its bad enough that microtransactions reached boardgames in form of physical content (I can't call the lieutanant packs "Pay 10 bucks for a plastic sculpt with no gameplay purpose other than replacing a paper marker" anything else.. oh yeah there is the plot deck.. yey) - same for heroe's and monster packs.

Where is the time of the good old D1 - buy 5 expansions, a more sturdy see board, maybe the 3 promo heroes and you had everything. 400 bucks?

Now D2...

80$ Base Game

120$ big expansions

200$ small expansion

315$ of Hero and Monster miniatures

245$ of Lieutenant Pack

13$ mini expansion (Lost legends)

45$ Coop

20?$ of App content

Over 1000$ for the game, more than half of it just for hero and monster / liutenant packs.

Does anyone else miss the time when you bought board games and a few expansions and you were done with it? When there was a big expansion instead of 10 small ones (that each cost half of a big one?)

My first experience with expansions was with Catan. I remember looking at Cities and Knights and thinking, “Wow! People buy expensive expansions instead of buying a new game?”

Fast forward about 8 years and I have almost everything for Descent 2e sitting in my closet.

I think the boxes are good value, (Mists + Chains less so if you are an exclusive coop player)

Lost Legends is good value

The first dice pack you buy is great value

All the other physical content is overpriced to varying degrees, in my opinion.

Yes, but the game is really good and deserve this. And I'm the type of player to rather buy expansions over a new game, mainly because I'm fed of new games and rules to learn, and if a game is really good and fun, why changing ?

you change your wife ? I don't. Same for games.

I don't drink alcoholics and don't smoke. As I have three young children I don't go out at night.

So I have lots of money to spend for games and compared to the things mentioned above its still less expensive. And I can use it with my children. There is nothing like gaming slaves 🤣

I have rather many expansions even if they are a bit more expensive than only the base game. It allows me to dig more into a game I like.