question re dumping objects and followers etc (rev 4th ed )

By player182901, in Talisman

Hi

When you enter a space that would normally require me to draw 2 adventure cards - if i decide to dump a follwer and an item for example, does that mean I do not draw any adventure cards?

ta

Foxxy

Yes this is correct!

Doesn't sound like this should be the way it happens...can anyone point to the pertinent rule in the rulebook?

Besides, can you dump a follower? I don't think so. They certainly would not stay on the board.

That would depend when you dump them...... At the start of your turn or at the end? gui%C3%B1o.gif

Page 9 in the rule book

If a character ditches Followers or Objects onto a draw cards space (see “Ditching Followers and Objects” on page 16), he may only draw enough cards to make up the given number that may be drawn. For example, a character ends his move on a Draw 1 Card space and then ditches one of his Objects. He does not draw any cards now since there is already a card on his space.

A character may ditch Followers or Objects on a space to avoid drawing more cards, but he may not take them back during the same turn. Therefore, any Followers and Objects that are left on the space become available for other characters to take if they land on that space.

Interesting...I did not know this.