Lego Terrain?

By SpiderMana, in Terrain Building

As I look at getting into Legion, I'm starting to get excited about all of the crafting involved with this kind of game. But I had the thought--there's not really anything stopping me from using Lego for terrain, is there? It might not fit the look of miniatures, particularly, but has anyone done this or seen others use Lego for miniature gaming terrain before?

In particular, building vehicles or buildings out of Lego seems most appealing to me, as there's more potential to meet the aesthetic there. Any thoughts?

Yeah,I have used legos for terrain a lot when i play with my little brother.

wall.jpg.d7d4623995c8ef915bf7a0be658bdcfc.jpg these brick styled pieces look semi-realistic.

As I'm starting to work on small pieces made out of Lego... does anyone know of good urban Legion terrain somewhere? Everything towards the top of the page here seems to be forest/desert/snow.

Hey there. I am actually working on having not only Lego terrain, but actually a full Lego Table. To play with my kids. I'll come back with a full table in a few months. I have the Lego vehicles, units and ideas to work particularly on the following scenarios :

1. Rhen Var battle from Pandemic's The Clone Wars (2003)
  2. Geonosis battle from TCW Season 2 (Landing at Point Rain)
  3. Saleucami battle from TCW Season 2 (The Deserter)
  4. Kachirho battle from Episode 3

Maybe Saleucami will necessit terrain parts that are not Lego, mostly rocks and trees. I'll get in a fe w months the following mats for the above battles :

1. https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-winter/
  2. https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-badlands/
  3. https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-muddy-field/
  4. https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-beach/

But right now I'm working on the look of the squads ! I can put up a few of these. I even have a CAB and TX-130 under my sleeve. I plan on buying a single example of each expansion and if necessary make some crafted tokens. I don't feel the courage to make it all proxy.

Lego2.thumb.jpg.2d7cb0d9fe4070ca7b98f08d6bc6a292.jpg

Edited by MajinSnake
Details

Beta testing.

1783459698_LegionBeta.jpg.aa5be951d3be00bf22bec9f187c76a8c.jpg

1 hour ago, MajinSnake said:

Beta testing.

1783459698_LegionBeta.jpg.aa5be951d3be00bf22bec9f187c76a8c.jpg

That looks really good, are you going to make some more lego terrain?

8 hours ago, TheHoosh said:

That looks really good, are you going to make some more lego terrain?

**** yeah.

I collect most of Clone Wars era Lego sets since 2008. So I've got quite a few ships and vehicles to use as terrain or units. I actually bought Legion to "make the best" of these instead of leaving them to rot in a Showcase. My old man is interested in having the minis to make some chess game or Diorama so I should be able to also make the best of all there is in Legion as well.

I'm actually interested in playing "light" or custom legion rules with family or friends, using thematic units and terrain that depict films or TV series.

I still need some gamemats, a gaming table and well, a Showcase.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:37 PM, SpiderMana said:

As I'm starting to work on small pieces made out of Lego... does anyone know of good urban Legion terrain somewhere? Everything towards the top of the page here seems to be forest/desert/snow.

If you have access to a 3D printer then I'd suggest Corvus Games Terrain (specifically their Pilgrim City and Commerce Guild range) or Imperial Terrain. Both companies also offer a selection of pre-printed terrain you can purchase if you can't print it yourself.

18 minutes ago, P.Smith said:

If you have access to a 3D printer then I'd suggest Corvus Games Terrain (specifically their Pilgrim City and Commerce Guild range) or Imperial Terrain. Both companies also offer a selection of pre-printed terrain you can purchase if you can't print it yourself.

Thanks, but I was mostly looking for visual inspiration.

I’ve got bit of random cargo, one building, and some plants that I’ve made, so far. I built a landing platform as well, but on a smaller space (still only playing with 500 pt squads) it seems too big for the ratio of cover options it provides. Also been using the Falcon, as the only other Star Wars ship I have built right now is a T-70.

If I get an A-Wing (or just build one myself) that would fit on the landing platform much better than the ships I’ve got right now, plus be a nice size for the board size I’ve been playing on.

I’ll try to get some pictures posted sometime, now that I’ve actually sortof played a couple games of Legion, but I definitely look forward to playing a full-scale game and I think the terrain will be more interesting on the larger game board.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, MajinSnake said:

But right now I'm working on the look of the squads ! I can put up a few of these. I even have a CAB and TX-130 under my sleeve. I plan on buying a single example of each expansion and if necessary make some crafted tokens. I don't feel the courage to make it all proxy.

Lego2.thumb.jpg.2d7cb0d9fe4070ca7b98f08d6bc6a292.jpg

The mortars and miniguns are really cool! Did you make them yourself?

I am a littel bit late here right?

We had at the last tournament a Legotable, a player brought some nice sets, that were actually older than he was :D

fh7unt8d.jpg

Edited by Dragon_King
On 4/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, Dragon_King said:

I am a littel bit late here right?

We had at the last tournament a Legotable, a player brought some nice sets, that were actually older than he was :D

fh7unt8d.jpg

I love this, mostly because I have all 3 of those Lego sets.

So this isn't really Legion, but there's a table-top miniatures game that's made for Legos. You build mechs and terrain out of Lego bricks. If you shoot at someone behind cover and miss the target, you can damage the terrain (meaning you remove bricks from the terrain, making the cover smaller).

http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/

On 3/12/2020 at 1:28 PM, CloneTrooperOdball123 said:

The mortars and miniguns are really cool! Did you make them yourself?

For Z-6 I took inspiration of various online examples, but went a slightly different way. For the rest, yeah, I can't believe how much time I spent on testing Lego designs 😅

I tried to make different weapons from Legion using the spare parts I had and, if needed, bought some extra parts once I found a design.

- Lego already had its own piece addition in 2013 AOTC sets to make rifles look like DC-15. They abandonned the design in next sets but I followed their example.

- For DP-23, no good design could come up from the spare I had. But it's a long weapon, so I kept the long rifle and added a rounded "mouth" to mimic a shotgun.

- RPS-6 was pretty straight forward, but I'm missing black pieces for now. E-5C, E-60R and Radiation canon can also be done easily.

- Clone mortar had to be small but fonctional. Again missing some black pieces.

- For E-5s I hesitated a lot between leaving a simple rifle due to how thin it is supposed to be, or making it longer. To make it longer it had to be larger, but it made possible the addition of this red light like for E-60R, so..

- I lost inspiration for B2s, I had several B2-HA droids, but simply reversed the arm on normal B2s for B2-ACM. Same for ARC Trooper rifles, they are regular DC-15 rifles.

- I had fun with Commando Droids, I had a few pirate swords and a Gungan shield. The Sniper rifle was easy to make, though with it the BX looks better crawling and aiming than standing.

IM86dIr.jpg

bcXW2RE.jpg

OJKE8mG.jpg

UCjwPc0.jpg

dSv3b3G.jpg

Dj5CRJX.jpg

eNHQLcQ.jpg

y2y8EEU.jpg

As far as the thread is concerned, here is how two of my full Lego tables look like :

hUfIsm0.jpg

Fj9rYTg.jpg

Edited by MajinSnake