IA Continuity Project - Our Community-Focused Effort to Improve Skirmish

By cnemmick, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

How exciting! Hopefully, this will breathe new life into the stale IA skirmish meta. This reminds me of a similar project when Wizards of the Coast discontinued their Star Wars Miniatures Game. As I recall, WotC approved the fan site to continue supporting their game. Cards were adjusted, and even new cards created for existing figures. It’d be great if FFG would back the IA Continuity Project, so all skirmish players would be on board. I’d love to see IA cards for some Legion figures, like Jyn Erso.

Just finished a super close skirmish trying out a lot of the new stuff! Had a really fresh feel to it. Some of the stuff is a steal for the new prices but fair, I think.

One thing I was wondering about is Diala's Force Push. It doesn't limit it to "line of sight." Is this intentional? Might be slightly too good without that line (but I liked it). I was able to draw out figures two times that otherwise would have been out of line of sight and out of danger. Made it harder for my opponent to hide his almost dead figures!

I'm excited to try out some other builds next time.

6 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

One thing I was wondering about is Diala's Force Push. It doesn't limit it to "line of sight." Is this intentional?

Force Throw in the campaign doesn't require line of sight, just within 3 spaces.

Got it. Makes her slightly better. Diala is pretty good now actually.

Does Shyla's Mandalorian whip require line of sight? I guess it's different enough thematically anyway.

1 hour ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Does Shyla's Mandalorian whip require line of sight? I guess it's different enough thematically anyway.

Yes, Mandalorian Whip specifies line of sight. She's not force-sensitive to "see" the target without seeing the target.

'nother quick q/concern/idea: eRebTroopers, eStormies, and eBespinTroopers (whatever they are called) are all 7 total and 3 for the first one... does that mean 3 also for the second one and then 1 for the last? Maybe 3/2/2 would be better?

It's 3 for each. You only pay 7 to include them in the squad but you basically give away 9 points for losing them all. One reason I think it's better to make them worth 9 (maybe 8 ) points.

A big kudos for IA continuity project, official website, and printable PDF files. There is so much more potential for this game. Let's keep it going.

Edited by robertpolson