Please develop online play!

By lsy03, in KeyForge

On 4/10/2019 at 1:29 AM, TheSpitfired said:

You know, I like playing the game in person and I prefer it that way too, but let other people play how they want. It's not going to hurt us any. I think official online play is a possibility, and while I wouldn't want them to, even if they did do something like "digital decks" that are online only I'd just speak with my wallet and pass.

I just know many people didn't have the game take off in their area - I can play it on my break at work with a co-worker and if I show up at my FLGS and throw out an offer to play a quick game I can get one easily. For those that don't have that luxury, online play is a nice option I think.

In my area there is no difference. No community around here (yet), so I have to do some travels for e.g. chainbound events.
But that is no reason for me play it online (done that with Magic Arena - never again).

My main point was that FFG of course can't snip and an official online Keyforge appears. There is effort involved in this, lots of. I don't want this taking resources from any non-online, physical Keyforge plans at the current point.

I feel it's a very safe bet that online is coming.

The game already lends itself to data-collecting on card combinations that are OP/UP, and I think the real strength of this game is the balance we will see going forward, 3 years from now their formula will be pretty strong.

Right now I'm sure it's a matter of quality control in making sure all QR codes get recognized, because again I feel it's a safe bet we can use our registered decks. It's brilliant because it would push sales of the physical product, which would cover costs of implementation, as tournament players would love to test out decks online. Also imagine the game modes they could introduce and experiment with.