[Video] Final game of a 29-people Frog Squadron tournament

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Featuring yours truly.

I ran a Separatist list with 5 vulture-droids (3 with shells, 1 with buzz swarm and 1 empty) with a quasi-minimalist Maul with Grievous and Hate.

My matchups leading to this game were:

R1: Resistance 2 T-70 with 2 RZ-2

R2: Double Firespray list with Emon and Boba

R3: 3 VetGunner Y-Wings with Ion, U-Wing with Leia

R4: 5 Y-Wings with VetGunner and Ion (one w/o Vetgun)

Top 4: Drea + 3 Lok Revenants with VetGunner

and the final game had me facing an all-around solid Rebel list with Wedge, Thane, Braylen and a Leia Partisan U-Wing

Great video with a awesome camera man ;)

Oh and, it doesn't matter but, at 7.38 you forgot to change a focus to a crit using shells.

Well played BTW.

If that's all I forgot then I'm pretty happy with myself. We were both pretty tired at that point. 6 games in a row just doesn't happen ever (once every 2 years) in our local tournaments - it's usually 4 swiss rounds and then we go home.

I forgot my vultures had barrel roll in my round 1 game too. These were my first 6 separatist games ever, having finished my unboxing late the day before. I hadn't tried them on vassal either (I don't get to play that much lately).

So that weird mix of Trade Fed, Precise Hunter, Separatist Drone, ECMs, discords, nothing... was that purposeful or did you just throw a bunch of stuff together to try the different Vulture pilots?

Listfortress entry:

Trade Federation Drone
Precise Hunter + Energy-Shell Charges
separatistdrone + Energy-Shell Charges
separatistdrone + Energy-Shell Charges
Trade Federation Drone + discordmissiles
Darth Maul + Hate + General Grievous

Edited by Polda

It's the last iteration of a list building blitz for which I took about 30 minutes the night before, my first dabbling in wave 3 list building. I started off with triple discord missiles, thinking I really want them to see play and learn experience on how to deal with them, but then the energy shells spoke to me more while I wanted to improve the efficiency of the list, so I just arrived at this compromise. Just having one drone with the missile can still create uneasy choices and I love the fact that it's launched and away even if your opponent decides to obliterate that ship.