Campaign Hero Character Selector Cards

By Dommelrbb, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Together with King_Balrog, me and him created bio cards to more easily show what the campaign hero's are about.
The files have been posted and will be keept up2date on BoardGameGeek. If you see mistakes or feedback points, please let me know.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/178769/hero-bio-cards-v10

------

These cards fulfill two roles:
1) The front shows a quick and easy to understand overview of what the hero does from a gameplay point of view. This can help new players to easily choose their hero without going into details and stats.
2) The rear has a short backstory written by King_Balrog in association with Stomburger to improve immersion and theming.

Suggestions on how to print these cards:
1) Go to a print shop, show them the files and ask if they can print these double-sided and if possible also cut them out with rounded corners. Make sure to request thicker paper. You could bring one of your regular Imperial Assault cards to show them the quality you want to get close to.
2) Print them yourself. If possible on thicker paper, and if possible double-sides (test the alignment first, before printing all of them). If you cannot print double sided. Sleeve both front and rear together.

No matter which method you use. They should have the exact same size as the regular Imperial Assault cards. Make sure they are printed on true 100% size. On each card are cut lines and lines indicating where the corner rounding should begin.

------

pic4659523.jpg

------

Credits:
Written content by King_Balrog in association with Stomburger.
Original visual content by Fantasy Flight Games, which is re-used into these card by Robert Berrier (aka Dommelrbb).

Edited by Dommelrbb

Nice work. love the front side, as a quick view. would love to implement this in my character tracker app

Nice job!

Looks great @Dommelrbb

Let us know if you have any feedback folks!

For all intents and purposes this is just version 1 of the cards.

Edited by King_Balrog
On 3/30/2019 at 2:24 AM, Spidey NZ said:

Nice work. love the front side, as a quick view. would love to implement this in my character tracker app

Not sure exactly what you plan to do. But it's all good with me. Do keep in mind that some improvements might show up, and so new versions of the cards.
Also make sure you check with King_Balrog. He made the textual content for these cards. I believe you already used his Hero Bio descriptions in your app.

4 minutes ago, Dommelrbb said:

Not sure exactly what you plan to do. But it's all good with me. Do keep in mind that some improvements might show up, and so new versions of the cards.
Also make sure you check with King_Balrog. He made the textual content for these cards. I believe you already used his Hero Bio descriptions in your app.

@Spidey NZ all good with me buddy^

6 hours ago, Dommelrbb said:

Not sure exactly what you plan to do.

i think it would only be when you are on the character select screen, and want a bit more information before making a selesction. just a quick pop up of the card and information. i dont have BGG account, so if one of you fine chaps could PM me a link ill grab them

On 4/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, King_Balrog said:

Looks great @Dommelrbb

Here is an example image straight from https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/178769/hero-bio-cards-v10

Added the image to the main post too

18 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

i think it would only be when you are on the character select screen, and want a bit more information before making a selesction. just a quick pop up of the card and information. i dont have BGG account, so if one of you fine chaps could PM me a link ill grab them

PM sent