Hunt for Gollum - Player Card Review series

By Silblade, in Strategy and deck-building

Hi to all!

Don't worry, Player Card Review series is still continuing! The new reviews of cards from Hunt for Gollum is here, thank you for your patience.

Link: https://visionofthepalantir.com/2019/03/26/hunt-for-gollum/

I just remind you, what's all about (skip it, if you have already read the article from Leadership sphere):
I made a deep analysis of each player card, mention the positives and negatives of each card, possible combos and synergies and overall conclusion from my point of view. I set the goal of describing each card in at least 450 words , in 500 words at the best. It's written in " progression mode ", and it's because of 1) new players, who wanna to start this game from Core set in progression style, 2) the progression mode seems to me more challenging than "normal style" with accessible all cards from all expansions and adventure packs. I wanted to create such complex and detailed reviews because I think it's rare material in LOTR LCG community. And I think that each card, no matter how strong or weak, deserves own attention, not only that cards we usually use in decks.

Thank you for your support, responses and comments. I really appreciate it.:)

Silblade

You say Bilbo has low starting threat, but it is not entirely true... He has lower threat than Glorfindel or Beravor, but if you take his stats in account, his threat is very high (1,5 threat for 1 point of stat, where other heroes have 1 for 1). For me, it is difficult to say Bilbo has a low threat considering his poor stats...

I wouldn't say his ability is a forced effect (because forced effects have the "Forced" keyword), but a passive effect.

One good point for Beravor is you can choose which player draw cards in a multiplayer game, where Bilbo automatically targets the first player.

For dunedain mark, maybe you could add it is not restricted, and then is cumulative with any other attack-boost attachment (maybe some new player doesn't notice that immediately).

For winged guardian, maybe you could add a spoiler section about siege quests, where he can contribute for 4 at the cost of 2 resources ?

Another good point for Westfold Horse-Breaker is he can also ready a hero controlled by another player.

@Miceldars I agree that ratio threat vs. stats isn't perfect - for 1-1-2-2 I would expect maybe 7 threat. However, I was considering threat of Bilbo vs. threat of other Lore heroes from Core set. Yeah, "forced" is in quotation marks, but rather it is passive ability.

Thanks for your observations. I will add the point with Westfold Horse-Breaker , because it is inconspicuous, but important detail. Same as Dúnedain Mark - until now, we were used to attachments with Restricted keyword, which Dúnedain Mark lacks.

However, I was considering threat of Bilbo vs. threat of other Lore heroes from Core set

I understand it well, but I felt strange reading Bilbo has low threat 😛