Running Season 4 Attack Run Kit?

By NerdimusPrime, in X-Wing Organized Play

I've been asked to run this at my FLGS, but I've never run any OP before and I'm kind of floundering. I read the announcement and I've been searching for examples on how others have run them but I'm coming up empty.

Other than the prizes, how does this differ from a Wave kit? What's the intent of it? Do you just run weekly or monthly tournaments? If so, and the kit only supports up to 12 players, what do you do to restrict the number of players; invite only?

I'm probably overthinking this, but I have nothing else to go on, and I want to do this right. I'd love to hear how others ran theirs. Thanks in advance.

You could run a weekly league, limiting it to the first 12 players to sign up, for 4 weeks.

You could run a 1-day event (tournament) with any of the available formats in the Builder, again limiting it to the first 12 players to sign up.
- Extended format
- Hyperspace Format
- No Glory format
- Themed event (Yavin, D'qar)
- Quickbuild

It is supposed to last for 3 months worth of casual play, so do 3 of the above over the next three months.

Remember that while the Wave Kits were semi-competitive due to the Wave Leader prizes, the Attack Run kit is meant to be casual and inclusive, rewarding participation not necessarily winning.

16 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

You could run a weekly league, limiting it to the first 12 players to sign up, for 4 weeks.

You could run a 1-day event (tournament) with any of the available formats in the Builder, again limiting it to the first 12 players to sign up.
- Extended format
- Hyperspace Format
- No Glory format
- Themed event (Yavin, D'qar)
- Quickbuild

It is supposed to last for 3 months worth of casual play, so do 3 of the above over the next three months.

Remember that while the Wave Kits were semi-competitive due to the Wave Leader prizes, the Attack Run kit is meant to be casual and inclusive, rewarding participation not necessarily winning.

Thank you, this helps a lot.

No need to limit it to 12 people just because that's what's in the kit.

we have 16-18 people show up regularly for our events so we'll be giving out half of the kit for each event instead of the 3 events the kit runs normally. Store credit is part of the prize pool for us too.