Daqan Lords and noble titles in Terrinoth

By HappyDaze, in Realms of Terrinoth

Are there any listed noble titles in Terrinoth itself other than barons/baronesses? I know that there is no king "because history" but I was wondering if there might be other noble titles officially named. I own the book not the pdf, so I can't just do a text search for count, duke, earl, marquis, or whatever. If somebody does have the pdf, let me know what that comes up with.

I personally would have preferred that they made the Daqan Lords be counts/countesses (and their lands be counties) so that the title of baron/baroness (controlling baronies as subsets of a county) could be bestowed upon vassals, and I may do this in my own version of Terrinoth.

I think they strangely do it in reverse. I can't remember any references in the books but in Legacy of Dragonholt it seems that Counts and Countesses are ranked lower than Baron's and actually owe fealty to their County's Baron (such as the Countess of Dragonholt County).

This may have been before they fleshed out the realm fully. Your idea makes a lot of sense from an orthodox point of view.

The vagueness of it all lends itself to an opportunity to do with it as you will.

I use Holy Roman Empire terms like vogt and burggraf for the lower-rank local "lords" that the PCs are likely to encounter.

As another posted, it seems the titles don't follow normal protocol, so I just followed suit in mine, and put Counts under Barons, etc.